Delete your de_inferno

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete your de_inferno

A new de_inferno will be included in the next update. I'm not sure this is 100% necessary, but in the past there was a problem where steam would not overwrite custom files when updating. Just to be sure, you may want to delete the following:

maps/de_inferno.bsp
    materials/de_inferno_s/eastwood02.vmt
    materials/de_inferno_s/eastwood02.vtf
    materials/sdk/gully.vmt
    materials/sdk/gully.vtf
    materials/sdk/spray.vmt
    materials/sdk/spray.vtf

I have asked Wyzcrak to remove the map from our rotation so that you will not download it again.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Delete your de_inferno

Originally posted by Tempus
    I have asked Wyzcrak to remove the map from our rotation so that you will not download it again.
    Done. I'll re-add the map to the rotation quickly after de_inferno is included in the upcoming official Valve CSS update.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Don't forget to delete your de_inferno.bsp
      Twisted Firestarter
      a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
        A new de_inferno will be included in the next update. I'm not sure this is 100% necessary, but in the past there was a problem where steam would not overwrite custom files when updating. Just to be sure, you may want to delete the following:

maps/de_inferno.bsp
        materials/de_inferno_s/eastwood02.vmt
        materials/de_inferno_s/eastwood02.vtf
        materials/sdk/gully.vmt
        materials/sdk/gully.vtf
        materials/sdk/spray.vmt
        materials/sdk/spray.vtf

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Thanks for the tip....took care of this before geting the New update.

Dirt013
          Dirt013

Comment

Damn.. forgot...

we'll see how this goes later...

Comment

I forgot and now I can't get in on the server's inferno. I can't find any of my CS files because after I deleted HL2 I redownloaded only CS:S from Steam and there's no file for it.

Comment

Crap, I didn't think of that.
                What should I do now?
                Will Steam automatically download it for me if I delete it now?

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

You will download from the server if you delete it now.

Comment

Cool.

I deleted the files then started a private server.
                    I started one earlier and it was the old map.
                    When I did it after deleting I tabbed out to check the monitor and was in game by the time I tabbed back in... on the new one.

Looks awesome. Lots more places to go indoors. Should be a fun map.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...