New tourney information posted.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tourney information posted.

I have updated the tourney info thread. If you have any questions, post them here.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: New tourney information posted.

What is the tiebreaking procedure in case both teams win 11 rounds?

Comment

The 2nd half is not limited to 11 rounds. So, the rounds continue until someone has 12 wins.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

If you guys would like to see another way to resolve this situation, feel free to suggest it. Another possibility would be to have the teams switch sides once more for a final round.

Comment

Is the first match this week or next week? Also, one of E will be PMing about reserving a space on server 2 for Office :P

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
            Is the first match this week or next week? Also, one of E will be PMing about reserving a space on server 2 for Office :P
            I think it starts the 15th, so that would be next week.

Comment

Any procedure if both teams want to start as CT's or T's?

I'm thinking that most maps are a little favored one way or the other...so maybe we can have Tempus pull slips of paper or whatever to assign our starting side... ??

Comment

We didn't seem to have any trouble last time agreeing which side a team would play first.

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It really doesn't matter, as both teams have will have an equal opportunity to play a side. But if it helps, what I do is have a player from the opposite team join a team with me, and I type either a 1 or a 2 in team chat (so the rest can't see). Then have someone from either team guess a number from 1 to 2. If they get it, that team picks.

Comment

Just wanted to post that if you need anyone as a backup for someone who can't make it I wouldn't mind participating. Also if you need a target to practice on let me know! :p
                    Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
                    Sir Winston Churchill
                    British politician (1874 - 1965)

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                      We didn't seem to have any trouble last time agreeing which side a team would play first.

Root
                      I agree. but the scoring is different this time...

On a CT favored map w/ equal teams... CT's could do a 9-2 first round... then change sides... then they only need two more victories for the total win...
                      Whatever side I feel is favored is the side I'll be pushing to play first... I think it will make a difference... Of course.. we may suck.. .in which case the point is moot :icon_lol:

However , I'm a little Dense... Am I reading the rules right? :icon1:

Tempus's Idea may solve the problem.. sorta like a coin toss

Comment

Originally posted by Dog
                        On a CT favored map w/ equal teams... CT's could do a 9-2 first round... then change sides... then they only need two more victories for the total win...
                        Actually, they would need three more victories as Ts, and that would be one more than the other team had as Ts.. So, although it's not intuitive, it IS balanced this way.

But yeah, I can see why some teams would want momentum, so the 'coin toss' should work for fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                          Actually, they would need three more victories as Ts, and that would be one more than the other team had as Ts.. So, although it's not intuitive, it IS balanced this way.

But yeah, I can see why some teams would want momentum, so the 'coin toss' should work for fairness.
                          :icon19: ah.. thx ...

edit... oh.. and not being critical... just making sure our bases are covered... You're doing way too much work with this for me to be talkin smack... :icon14:

Comment

Reminder... 2 matches this week. C vs. F and D vs. E. See tourney info thread for more info.

Comment

Couple o' things;

Thing 1
                              Instead of a coin toss / number call, how about we have a knife round instead?
                              Whoever wins the knife round calls their choice of team first. Much more fun!

Thing 2
                              i keep scratching my head and frowning, but it doesn't help. i still don't get the rounds thing. It still seems to me that if you have two pretty equal teams, that any slight advantage such as choosing the right team for the map (ie: CTs on Office) then that team will probably win the match.

Unless it's an even number of rounds on each side i struggle to believe that it can be fair.

Am i missing something, or just being particularly dense here?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X