When T's fail objective 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When T's fail objective 1

I dont want to necassarily continue the argument with Random Guy, but I havent seen this particular issue addressed yet, so I figure it needs (re)definement anyways.

4 T's on italy, including me. 5 ct's. Me and JewishNinja had the apts. The CT's came long hall, with 2 to 3 good snipers included. I had an m4 and ninja had like an ak or something. So we werent about to outsnipe Irivers, especially when he was supported by 2 or 3 others. The CT's entered the house, and me and ninja had just failed objective 1 (do not let the CT's get the hosties). Figuring it was suicide to try and run across the open area and kill the CT's rambo style, me and ninja retreated to CT spawn to camp there. We took out the rest of the CT's except for 1, and ninja died. I ended up dieing for the lose. Anyway, I made a comment saying that was PCS, and random disagreed.

So my question is: if the Hosties get taken, and we can see them, are we supposed to try and chase them down, or is running to CT spawn and camping, basically ensuring that the CT's get close to spawn with Hosties, a valid tactic? Theres also the added bonus of not having to shot between the hosties to get the running ct in front :P

Re: When T's fail objective 1

You let us get to the hostages and get them out of the house with minimal resistence. Basically, you're defense failed because you weren't able to guard the hostages. You then had to resort to running to the rescue point. That's not good, but mistakes happen, no problem. I didn't take an admin action even if I thought it was pretty lame.

My jaw really hit the floow when you said "that is some real PCS" (or similar) after the shootout in the CT spawn/rescue point. I was hoping you were being sarcastic but after discussing it I found that was not the case, so I just wanted to make it clear that round was an example of PCS gone wrong.

Comment

I just figured that the other 2 had died, and we wouldnt be able to win in that situation, since while we were distracted a ct could run off with the hosties. We did the thing that gave us the highest chance of stopping the hosties from being rescued.

Comment

They got the jump on you? Sounds like you coulda done better before that point, where you found yourself at such a formidable disadvantage.

However, put in the unfavorable situation you described, I certainly would have hauled ass to CT spawn. Especially on cs_italy, it's the smart thi... well... let me rephrase... it's the course of action that I believe most reliably ensures that I'll protect the hostages from being rescued at that point.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          They got the jump on you? Sounds like you coulda done better before that point, where you found yourself at such a formidable disadvantage.

However, put in the unfavorable situation you described, I certainly would have hauled ass to CT spawn. Especially on cs_italy, it's the smart thi... well... let me rephrase... it's the course of action that I believe most reliably ensures that I'll protect the hostages from being rescued at that point.

Stated perfectly. With haste the CTs can get the hosties back in, what, 15 seconds? You shouldn't have let it get to that point, but since you did you protected them to the best of your ability.

Comment

You either never got information from your teammates at the appartment of the assault on the long hall, or you chose to ignore them dieing and dropping off radar and comms. I'm thinking its the typical lack of comms is the problem. People should be speaking up when they see an enemy, and reporting their status properly.

If you are that far out sometimes you have to make a judgement to haul quickly back to the objective if you see people are dropping off radar at the objective. It helps to try to remember at least one or two player's names of teammates who are at the other location, and then you can see if that person dies and there's no comms you can know if something is going on at the other location.
            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
            Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

It all happened pretty fast. They had some ct's there as normal, didnt say they were all rushing long hall (i think). So me and ninja stay at apts so we can shoot at the ct's and still watch apts. By the time they were dead, it had all happened too fast for us to react beyond "crap, we have to cut them off".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X