Why do you tell things i dont want to know

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you tell things i dont want to know

Seriously, Its great that you say when and where you see an enemy, its good that you call for backup, Communication is great.

But shut the hell up about stuff that has no bearing on the game or round at all.

I dont care about that, I may not be the most tactical of all players or the best or nicest (well duh), But i am trying and all your talking of how your skills are weird or ouch that hurt or whatever else you say that doesnt fill any real purpose, is really farking annoying.

Secondly when someone says A, lets go a, espciallt if they have the bomb, dont go give contradicting orders becuase you can only follow one and the person who didnt get his way will bitch about it.

And i move when others move, becuase it wont do anyone any good if i just sit there and do nothing, BUT, there is 7 minutes on most maps, there is no rush, but as soon as the clock starts ticking everyone runs off.

The teamplanning is hardly ever used for anything more than saying go A or go B, sometimes they say get some smokes flashes and whatnot, once they have that they still rush off. Granted i cant plan worth crap, but if someone has an idea i am willing to try it, i can even make my own up if i'm asked to. Again there is 7 minutes, there is time to plan more thoroughly.

Thirdly, i have used so many different names here you probably dont know who i am but just recently its been pirate bob.

Props to the admins for trying to keep people playing by the rules, i know what a pain it can be.

Well thats it for now.
    If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Re: Why do you tell things i dont want to know

DAMN!

{monk opens his eyes, to be blinded by the "light"}

OMGWTFWEPLAYBYPCS

{Monk says over the comm, while playing CSS, "I love peanut butter and jelly!"}

rofl...

Just trying to bicker!

-Monk
    Allen: Yeah, you're right.
    Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Its just my opinion, everyone is free to have their own.
      If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

Personally, I like the extra interaction. I like knowing, for example, of Monk's PBJ fetish, or someone's encounters with the transgendered. Makes everyone seem more human, more real, rather than some sentient bot.

Comment

Its a game. Thats the key word. :P

Fun time. Its also a community. And communities grow through interaction, not just in a forum. If you take it beyond lightheartedness, you need to stop playing, because it is then no longer that key word.

Comment

The forum is for interaction. Voice comm is for calling targets and intel.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

There goes senior ROOTer...

Root you know you like hearing about my peanutbutter and jelly over the comm. Dont lie to everyone here!...
              Allen: Yeah, you're right.
              Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                The forum is for interaction. Voice comm is for calling targets and intel.

Root
                In 7 minute intevals? Come on, half the team is dead in the first minute...what are we supposed to do, sit quietly until the round ends? I think comms can accommodate both.

Comment

Oh by all means use your dead time to chat about whatever you like. From when you spawn until you die however, all communications should be relevant to your team and their objective.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Oh by all means use your dead time to chat about whatever you like. From when you spawn until you die however, all communications should be relevant to your team and their objective.

Root
                    I respect you, but your position is draconian. We are talking about a game, and a poor military simulation at that.

You want the military, there is a recruiting station near you.

Otherwise, see Karks post above.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                      I respect you, but your position is draconian.
                      And your position interferes with the gameplay of others. If I'm calling for backup and no-one hears me because a couple of others are chatting about nothing, my game gets ruined. Tonight like most nights, I've seen players getting killed while their team mates are at spawn typing messages not related to the game.

The short version is that idle chatter whilst alive is not PCS.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

And your position interferes with the gameplay of others. If I'm calling for backup and no-one hears me because a couple of others are chatting about nothing, my game gets ruined. Tonight like most nights, I've seen players getting killed while their team mates are at spawn typing messages not related to the game.

The short version is that idle chatter whilst alive is not PCS.

Root
                        Oh, then I miss understood. I thought you meant while dead. While alive? I agree.

Comment

Root
                          Clearly I meant while you're dead you shouldn't be talking at all. :icon_lol: :D

Root
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Nothing aggravates me more than trying to play a game and have comms cluttered up with idle chit-chat. It makes it hard to concentrate, hard to get actual important communications across, and difficult to maintain situational awareness in the game.

Save the chatter until you are dead, and clear comms if people need to communicate plans for the upcoming round or discuss actual tactics.
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

the only thing about the comms that drives me crazy is when 3 or more people are all telling some piece of a plan at once and all i hear is gibberish, but eveyone else on my team seems to have understood perfectly, and then everyone gets annoyed when i have to ask them to tell me what im supposed to be doing. even if your are speaking tactics 1 person on the mic at a time is all that some of us can handle.
                              frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X