Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound and footfalls and vast annoyance

not sure if this should be in tactics or here but whatever
    ok, not long ago, like 3-4 hours i was playing on train, 2 maps after root got mad at us for playing below pcs stantads and started kicking. we had like 5 people, 3 ct, 2 t, and were playing perfect pcs. round starts, i run over to bottom of sniper platform, and can't quite get up the ladder, suddenly, 10 meters away, through a solid brick wall, i hear a footstep on gravel, i pause and flip the volume on my headphones to max, hear another t over there, and call out long a. we all rush over there and get slaughtered, but the point is footfalls are absurdly loud and even walking you make noise going over a curb or stair, but i almoset never hear anything because no one can seem to stand still on my team. sound is one of the most critcal senses and its ingnored 90% of the time b/c people are running everywhere not listneing.

i am issuing a plea to all who play on the servers to please, unless you have to, don't run, some of us are trying to listen to the guys sneaking up on us.
    frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Re: sound and footfalls and vast annoyance

Originally posted by Cerevox
    i am issuing a plea to all who play on the servers to please, unless you have to, don't run, some of us are trying to listen to the guys sneaking up on us.
    You're preaching to the choir.

Comment

some of you are siging great but it only takes one person running on your team to copnvice you the other team is somewhree it isn't. many people are quiet and they walk and crouch but there are still a rather large number who seem to feel the need to run everywhere. (and the sig is hilarous)
      frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Originally posted by Cerevox
        not sure if this should be in tactics or here but whatever
        ok, not long ago, like 3-4 hours i was playing on train, 2 maps after root got mad at us for playing below pcs stantads and started kicking. we had like 5 people, 3 ct, 2 t, and were playing perfect pcs. round starts, i run over to bottom of sniper platform, and can't quite get up the ladder, suddenly, 10 meters away, through a solid brick wall, i hear a footstep on gravel, i pause and flip the volume on my headphones to max, hear another t over there, and call out long a. we all rush over there and get slaughtered, but the point is footfalls are absurdly loud and even walking you make noise going over a curb or stair, but i almoset never hear anything because no one can seem to stand still on my team. sound is one of the most critcal senses and its ingnored 90% of the time b/c people are running everywhere not listneing.

I always play with headphones, and Im not all that great at aiming in CS...but the kills I get, I would say 80% of them are because I hear you coming.
        If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
        with any questions or concerns.
        |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

once again, some people do listen, but the problem is the many who don't

Comment

In the past, in this community, admins have slain people for making footsteps at the wrong time.

Thunderboots are not welcome here.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
              In the past, in this community, admins have slain people for making footsteps at the wrong time.
              Clearly you've never been in the back alley on Havana with me and a herd of CT elephants :D

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

ya, i know of the slaying, my first slaying was trying to dump the bomb on root, my second was for making too much noise on havana. ever since then i only get slayed for making snide comments to admins. what we need is far more slaying for noisy people.

Comment

Last night, on Chateau, was thunderboots(tm) city (your store for all your thunderboot(tm) needs!).

The water amplifies the sound, so rushing A or B becomes a "whoo hoo, Boys!" type of thing. We got our butts handed to us REPEATEDLY because of that, and almost everyone on my team was |TG|.

See the shift key? Use it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X