This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is pass for server 2

Well no one would tell me and i cant find where it is so PM me what it is.

Re: What is pass for server 2

How about you work it out for yourself. The answer has been posted clearly enough in the forums for everyone else to work it out.

Oh, and how come you've never posted here before? Is it that you only posted now to find out the password, and then you'll never bother to participate in the forums after you get it?

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Please follow Root's instructions above..
      Last edited by Tempus; 05-15-2005, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon158
        Well no one would tell me and i cant find where it is so PM me what it is.
        Hmmm, there might be a reason that nobody has told you...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

having to ask for the pass is kinda silly, there is a thread that practicly screams "instrutions for getting pass". i feel sorry for anyone who can't figure it out or is too lazy to do so.
          frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            Hmmm, there might be a reason that nobody has told you...
            There IS a reason he asked for help, and it's NOT to get a one-liner in return.

Falcon, the password is a riddle.. of sorts. We masked it on purpose, to keep people out of the protected server who haven't read about PCS, don't know how to play it, and don't know how not to play it. You're about to learn the password. When you do, do not share it. Instead, share with others what they should do to find it. I've outlined below what you and others should do to learn the password. It's not as simple as being given it, or even reading one isolated thread.

If you aren't familiar with our
            Counter-Strike - Official Rules, Announcements and SOPs
            forum, you need to be. OK? Now, I'm going to repeat that sentence in its own paragraph, for emphasis.

If you aren't familiar with our
            Counter-Strike - Official Rules, Announcements and SOPs
            forum, you need to be.

Tactical Gamer asks that, if you're going to play on our Counter-Strike Source server -- our PCS servers --, that you read EVERY post of EVERY thread in that forum. If you do, you WILL find the password to the protected server, as we WANT people who HAVE read EVERY thread in that forum to GAIN access to that server.

If, after following the instructions above, you're still unable to determine the password, send me a PM. I'll make sure you get the knowledge you're required to have before a player can learn the password for himself.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              There IS a reason he asked for help, and it's NOT to get a one-liner in return.
              He didn't ask for help, he asked for the password. He claims that he can't find it and yet we have more than one thread on this very topic? I call BS. He's not looking for help, he wants someone to PM him the password. This is exactly the type of thing that we don't want to happen.
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

You call BS. You and everyone else.

And yet, not everyone else feels the need to post a useless one-liner.

So he's going about it the wrong way. Who cares? It doesn't justify you treating the guy like that. Help him out.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                  You call BS. You and everyone else.

And yet, not everyone else feels the need to post a useless one-liner.

So he's going about it the wrong way. Who cares? It doesn't justify you treating the guy like that. Help him out.
                  No. You ensured that certain steps had to be taken in order to get the password. These steps were chosen in hopes that people would be smart enough to read some stuff and try and understand what PCS is all about. If they're too lazy or too dumb to find out how to get the password, what in the world makes you think they're going to be someone we want on our servers.

If that's what you think, then I've got a one liner for you now... :icon_cool
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

If they're too lazy or too dumb to find out how to get the password, what in the world makes you think they're going to be someone we want on our servers.
                    The man tried. He failed. He asked for help (the wrong help, but help all the same).

You can judge people's intelligence. I'll help PCS regulars find their way onto the protected server. To each his own, I guess.

Comment

If they're too lazy or too dumb to find out how to get the password, what in the world makes you think they're going to be someone we want on our servers.

How the hell would you know who we want on our servers.I've never even seen you on the servers.

Comment

He didn't ask for help, he asked for the password. He claims that he can't find it and yet we have more than one thread on this very topic? I call BS. He's not looking for help, he wants someone to PM him the password. This is exactly the type of thing that we don't want to happen.

Cant we just sit down with the newbie who asks for help and help him? You dont have to give him a straight answer in the form of what he wants exactly. If he really wants something he will take the little you give him and try to learn from that to achieve his goal.

If we dont at the least give a newbie a chance to improve, how will we ever know he can improve?

TacticalGamer is different in the respect that it holds itself to high standards when it comes to communication ingame and on the forums. However this shouldn't delude anyone to a belief of personal elitism and/or stop anyone from extending a helping hand to those unfortunate enough to still be on the lower standards. Whether you acknowledge it or not you were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstreched arm from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

-Zephyr
                        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                        We are not a single game.
                        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Well said, Z. Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by BATMAN.
                            How the hell would you know who we want on our servers.I've never even seen you on the servers.
                            Funny you should ask, I very nearly had the pleasure of Cing's company a couple of days ago, but I chose the other server as it was lacking an admin.

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I agree with Cingular.. The point of the password was that only those who were at least a little familiar with the community would be able to gain access. They had very simple steps to follow. One single visit to the Rules/Announcements section would have enabled him to discover what he was looking for.

Otherwise, why don't we just post on the front page what the password is?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X