What do i need to do???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do i need to do???

Gonig through the SOP's and FAQ's and stuff for CS:S now. I downloaded the PCS Junglerescue thing and now not sure what to do with it.
    Also is there any other downloads I need to get up and running in this?

Lastly, do you use in game voice? I did not notice a channel in TS for CS.

Re: What do i need to do???

Welcome to CSS. Junglerescue is a map. You don't need to do anything with it.. It will be used when the server changes to that map. If you can't install it yourself, the server will do so for you.

The voice is in-game. You should be able to set it up in your options. You need no other downloads than what Steam will provide. So, just set up your game and join one of our servers. For more detailed instructions on Steam and CSS, as Wyz would say, google awaits you. :)

See ya soon!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Toshido
      Gonig through the SOP's and FAQ's and stuff for CS:S now. I downloaded the PCS Junglerescue thing and now not sure what to do with it.
      IIRC there is a text file included with install instructions. Failing that, the map will download when you are on the server when jungle comes up in the rotation.

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

So in other words no one knows how to install maps so just let Steam take over my life :)

Comment

Originally posted by Toshido
          So in other words no one knows how to install maps so just let Steam take over my life :)
          Actually, it's simple. Unzip the file into your counterstrike folder, which should look something like this:

Steam \ SteamApps \ <SteamUsername> \ Counter-Strike Source \ Cstrike \

In whereever you placed your valve folder. My valve install is under Program Files, but I think it defaults to C:\Valve.

I can't recall if there is only the map, or if there is sounds, etc., as well. You can just move the files into the appropriate folders (MAPS, etc.) and the game will pick it up when the map starts.

Or you can wait for the not so speedy download.

Comment

of course we know how to install a map, the real question is do wanna go there?

Just copy the files you downloaded into your maps directory. that's it.
            Oh maps directory is in your c:/valve/steam/steamapps/"userid"/counter strike source/cstrike/

- -

Comment

okay think I got it thanks. Be on soon.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed