Hijacked/Hacked Accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hijacked/Hacked Accounts

I think it's a virus, similar to the one that circulated around MSN Messenger a while ago. It just sends the message to people on your friends list, but still allows you to use the account.

Comment

Sure, but if you've got it, they've got your info, and then at the time of their choosing they'll steal your account.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Bump; two more people on my friends list (not from TG) just sent me an identical message; I guess this scam is particularly effective.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I just got a non-TG steam friend give me one, but it was worded diffrently.....DON'T BE FOOLED!!!!!
          |TG-24th|Gen. Waffles CO

Comment

Rang recovered his account and is now back to normal activity
            :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
            |
            |
            .\__\
            ...../

Comment

YAY!!!!! Go Rang!
              |TG-24th|Gen. Waffles CO

Comment

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
                I think it's a virus, similar to the one that circulated around MSN Messenger a while ago. It just sends the message to people on your friends list, but still allows you to use the account.
                I'm afraid I don't see the viral component. To me it seems a pretty clear case of don't enter you password in links people send you. I guess the link could include a viral download, but given that you had already entered your password I don't see why that would be necessary. It may be that one's password is not changed when they enter their info, but I wouldn't know as I haven't fallen for it, and no one who has has detailed the entire process start to end.

Comment

Originally posted by Adiventure View Post
                  I'm afraid I don't see the viral component. To me it seems a pretty clear case of don't enter you password in links people send you. I guess the link could include a viral download, but given that you had already entered your password I don't see why that would be necessary. It may be that one's password is not changed when they enter their info, but I wouldn't know as I haven't fallen for it, and no one who has has detailed the entire process start to end.
                  What he's saying is it's a virus that is on people's computers that sends these messages via steam. You could get it from any number of community sites out there when looking at steam related content, i suppose. I happen to think this is something else though because as far as i can tell, these people haven't lost their account, they can still log on and the bot sending the message logs on for only a second to throw the message. I believe they are using the steam servers somehow to do this.

- -

Comment

I wish someone would hijack me, then it would show I am loved!

Comment

They don't love you, Stuntguru. You know the song Sweet Dreams? Imagine that sweet dreams are made of these Steam accounts. These hijackers are described by the lines, "Some of them want to use you" and "Some of them want to abuse you"--they don't have your best interests at heart!

Source: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg[/media]
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA! Yes! So true!
                        |TG-24th|Gen. Waffles CO

Comment

Not again.....

Originally posted by Rincewind
                          Hey gang,

I thought I'd give a heads up to the rest of TG that some of our community members have had their Steam accounts compromised by a phishing scam.

This scam works by asking for your steam credentials on a phishing website. Once you enter your information. your account has been compromised! The attackers then use a script to message your entire friends list to attempt to scam them as well. Here is the message:

9:01 PM - |TG-32nd|XXXXXX: Weekend Party! Nvidia & ATI customers are now able to pick any steam full game for unlimited time! You have to be Nvidia\ATIs' customers.
                          http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                          I got this message from Joker yesterday :(

Original thread:
                          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...y-members.html

Comment

Luckily, I didn't enter my account credentials for that. Keep in mind, I even asked Joker if it was a scam; he replied no. This is a person doing this.

Comment

i got the message yesterday from joker,rang and exaulted. not sure how many others got hit

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Good thing I wasn't online. Haha.
                                "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                                "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X