For those minimizing to desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those minimizing to desktop

I found this post on the steam forums, I am going to try it, just never thought about it as I already have tweakui.

-----------------
    OK guys, i think i found a solution

Go to microsoft.com and download a dandy little thing called TweakUI
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...ppowertoys.mspx

then find the option the stops programs from stealing focus (which is what is causing CS:S to minimize).
    Here is where it is:
    Open TweakUI after installing
    Go to General, hit the plus sign next to it
    Click the tab that says prevent applications from stealing focus

this should work.

Last edited by nikefido on 04-20-2005 at 04:12 PM
    ------------------------

Re: For those minimizing to desktop

..... THX YOU GOD!!! I hated those stupid things. Long live dragonwolf!

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

I have a similar problem.. When I first join the server, and that MOTD screen resizes itself, my game gets minimized to desktop.. Any ideas?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

It started 2 updates ago! It is annnnooooyyyyiiinnnnggggg!

Comment

tempus sounds like it could be some sort of utility you have running. It may be thought of as a pop up by a pop up blocker.

- -

Comment

I'm guessing that everyone suffering from this problem is running xpvirus? I use 98se (until I can get hold of cedega) and I never have this happen. Mind you, I shut absolutely everything down to minimise problems with lag, choke and broken internet.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I have never encountered this problem, and I never run any more than one thing at a time if I'm playing a game online, unless it's xfire. So, this leads me to believe that it might be certain utilities that you are using which cause the minimization.

Comment

I have nothing running other than system stuff.. Mouse/sound/modem/etc. I do have ie open, and I'm running SP2..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I connect to servers (NS,CSS,BF) using HLSW. HLSW allows me to stop and start any executable I define when I join and then leave a server. It's superb and helps me avoid headaches similar to this and provides the convenience of having many things just "magically" running any time I'm not in a game server and "magically" NOT running any time I am.

I bet I have 15 executables defined... everything from anti-virus (which I don't need when I'm on a server) to IM (which I don't want when I'm on a server). They go away when I join the server and come back when I'm done.

Magic.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X