Why Do I Suck In Css?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do I Suck In Css?!?

obviously if you have noticed, i suck as a fragger in css and it's getting pretty freaking annoying!!!! i was having plans to relax from css for a bit and join the ns community (where i originally belong ^^).

but if any of you can post suggestion(s), that would help too

PS: "learn to aim" is not going to help, i know how to aim but it's just so "hard" these days.
    Get a better mouse than that mini laptop mouse you use
    6.25%
    Play on a desktop, not on a laptop
    31.25%
    Play often with friends 1v1 (even if you suck so much)
    0.00%
    play on a frag server (ex: brandshaft) to hone up frag skill
    6.25%
    relax from css a bit and rejoin when you feel ready (playin ns ;) )
    21.88%
    multiple reasons from above
    21.88%
    other(s) --> plz post why
    12.50%

Re: Why Do I Suck In Css?!?

if you can already aim then your problem is probaly that your trying to aim. if yuo take the time to aim your gonna get killed, when you see someone you need to be able to just twitch you crosshairs over them and hit the kill button. don't go for the perfect shot, just assume if you spam bullets some of them are going to hit.
    frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Originally posted by Cerevox
      if you can already aim then your problem is probaly that your trying to aim. if yuo take the time to aim your gonna get killed, when you see someone you need to be able to just twitch you crosshairs over them and hit the kill button. don't go for the perfect shot, just assume if you spam bullets some of them are going to hit.
      I couldn't disagree more.

If your playing the public CS server then you can expect that this might work.

However if your playing in say the tourney, This will not work for you in most cases.

You need to do more watching of other proven players on the server. I think i can also say, that you talk and socialize to much when your on the server.

- -

Comment

Well.... actually a desktop is better fot his game I believe or any shooter for that matter. A new mouse will not help until later as you'll need to get use to it unless your mouse really sucks. What I do when I am sucking is I relax for a minute and then come back on. No, I don't do it for the money so much as to relieve the tension as that is what eat skills if you have them that is. What gun do you want to get better at anyhow (you cannot and I repeat cannot get better with several guns at once no matter what people tell you get use to one gun's recoil, accuracy, and power). That's how I got good at scouts (all the scoutznknives server playing payed off). Now I'm getting better with the shottie. Remember doing this will increase your accuracy overall and make you better with weapons in general (but not to the degree of only using one weapon as much as you can).

You know you gave me an idea... I'm going to make a thread about training yourself.

Don't forget though that its a team effort not your individual skills (unless your alone which seems to happen alot when I go for cover).

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
        - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

I'm with Vulcan on this.

I could never understand how J3wish Ninja, Vulcan, and many others of the L337 PCS crew got so many kills (particularly on me) with so few shots. If you look over their shoulder (when dead) they are using shot selection and a double tap.

I've been trying to get there myself, although the going is a little slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerevox
            just assume if you spam bullets some of them are going to hit.
            A safe assumption in CSS, to be sure.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i eat bullet spammers for lunch.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                No, what you eat, is not refered to as bullet, nor spammers!
                Allen: Yeah, you're right.
                Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                  Yes you do, you bast**d.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    A safe assumption in CSS, to be sure.
                    A safe assumption, to be sure, but not a winning strategy. I have the low scores, and lumps, to prove it. Random bullet throwing towards a target never wins.

Comment

There are more effective approaches, but it's sad how effective you can be with that one. :/
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        There are more effective approaches, but it's sad how effective you can be with that one. :/
                        I resemble that remark.

Comment

I learned here at TG to be slow and precise in everything. Once I got the movement down (I use a trackball I love it) Keep the gun steady and your movements steady and your shots have a better chance at hitting where you are aiming. For practice, I start a server on my computer and jump on CTs on a bomb map. Then I add other bots (set as able to go rogue) to CT and I kill my own people. They run when shot so its a moving target. It has helped me to get the aiming down. Now I love the M4 and that is what I practice with. I am going to start training on other weapons as well.

Comment

I think a desktop is better. A good mouse helps. The computer desk and chair should be comfortable. A good connection helps. A good video card helps. There are a lot of physical factors that might be adjusted to maximize your potential.

Taking your time, as Dragonwolf said, is a good general strategy, especially after the first round or two of a game. Check out the weapons with a server that nobody else is playing on and get a good feel for the accuracy at different ranges and with different amount of body movement by shooting at a spot on a wall to see what your spray pattern looks like in that situation.

Stick with only a few weapons. Practice doing a "move-stop-shoot-move-stop-shoot" routine to get used to trying to dodge opponents fire before steadying your own weapon to increase your accuracy. Movement greatly affects your accuracy in CSS. Whenever you can stop or crouch your accuracy improves. Firing in shorter bursts increases your accuracy. If you can use short bursts then aim at the head and try for a head shot. If you are having to hold down the fire button for a long bust then start out aiming at the head and then slide the targeting reticule down to the knees to adjust for the recoil.

Ghost
                            Last edited by Jest; 05-18-2005, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Well, Ghost pretty much summarized what I was going to say about firing.

Take your time and make sure the hit counts, don't rush it and pray to God that your shot takes the target down.

On another note, observe other people who are doing well and see how they work. This will not only help you get some new tactics of your own, but at times you should be able to predict how they will act in similar situations.

I pretty much forgot what else I was going to write, so just keep practicing and you'll (more likely than not) get better.. that's how it worked for me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X