Insurgency - Source

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgency - Source

I tried this mod out a while ago (its either a CS mod, or a "source mod"... i forget which).

In anycase i was relatively impressed with it, its like CS:S + ironsights and postures (prone etc..). My only issue with it was lack of a good group of people to play with. That said i had some fun times in the public rooms.

Anyone already play this mod? get in touch if you do.

Jiang

Re: Insurgency - Source

I think TG even had a server for it once ... I could be wrong though ...

Well I found the forums: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/insurge...fantry-combat/ :)
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, we did. I was an admin along with Gogeta and Vulcan, but to cut a long story short:

Nobody played, it was impossible to enforce without losing every single player + the server got closed without me even knowing :O

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

The game will come back one day when they release it as a full game. I also played back then and it was fun while it lasted.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

I'm intrigued, I could go for a game.

Comment

2.5 has had its issues but work is still progressing on 3.0 and an engine change. Game play can be very good or very bad depending on the players and the general tactics employed. I still have hopes for this title and, with the reworked spawns and the new maps available, if you haven't played it recently its worth revisiting.
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I attempted to play on public servers well after TG had closed their server. No one was helpful and I had no idea what to do. The game itself looks great and customizing your equipment was quite fun though.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I play on a 24/7 Sinjar servercalled Devil Brigade IP: 8.12.20.52:27015

Only one map, the one were the Marines are storming the hill. usual gets good team work and play her when its populated.

Comment

Yea... 24/7 Sinjar servers are pretty fun.

I do seriously miss the game though! It was pretty damn fun when there were teams that actually worked together and didnt sprint for the spawn areas... when I get my internet back up at the new house this wednesday.., Im gonna have to crank it up again!
                  Dizlor

Comment

I remember playing this as well. Good teamwork and fun!

Comment

More importantly I think we should start a collective effort to play "Plan of Attack." If you haven't ever played it, it's easily the most tactical hl2 mod available. The plan can be made on a map prior to actually starting the round, intricate squad action can be displayed easily. We would need someone to host a dedicated server, I know Tampa Tony has a server box. If you have not seen it please look it up, unfortunately the community has all but died.

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post
                        The game will come back one day when they release it as a full game. I also played back then and it was fun while it lasted.
                        Are they really planning on having this game go retail? if so, awesome if they plan on polishing the game.

I actually just downloaded it 3 days ago, feels a lot more like a realistic COD variant than CS tbh. The dust2 server is a lot of fun for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntguru View Post
                          I play on a 24/7 Sinjar servercalled Devil Brigade IP: 8.12.20.52:27015

Only one map, the one were the Marines are storming the hill. usual gets good team work and play her when its populated.
                          Actually ya know what stunt... thats the exact same server I used to play!! Im gettin back into INS now and Ill be sure to keep an eye out on that one for ya
                          Dizlor

Comment

I just gave this game a try today, and I have to say, I'm rather impressed. It feels like America's Army, only with respawns and a bit faster pace. I can't get a hang of the M203 at all, though. It's trajectory is too arced compared to what I'm used to from other games.

IGN is Nikorasu, as well as my Steam alias (won't post my Steam ID publicly).
                            Bucklin out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X