Do you listen to music while playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you listen to music while playing?

After reading that some people listen to music while playing games (CS:S included), this got me thinking and so I have to ask, who listens to music while playing?

On servers like TG's, I think it would be detrimental to gameplay because it would interfere with what your team mates are saying, along with your ability to hear footsteps and other noises that would indicate a nearby enemy. It could even garble your voice over the com if you're listening to it on speakers, and give your team mates problems when trying to understand you.

So, do share your opinion on this.

Cheers.

Re: Do you listen to music while playing?

I tried it for a while, but as you said.....i was missing creaking floorboards and knocked over bottles! Nothing better than a 'headphone Kill'

Comment

Nightfire was during our tourny on Thurs... and let me just say this. We force him to listen to that song everytime we play now :D

Comment

I listen to music all the time....I cant NOT listen to music....

-Monk
        Allen: Yeah, you're right.
        Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Originally posted by MONKERZ
          I listen to music all the time....I cant NOT listen to music....

-Monk
          same here... i just play the music soft... i can still hear the slightest foot step and glass break, and understand people fine.
          E-[h4x] TG CS:S Tourny Champs

Comment

I forgot to mention that I do, in fact, listen to music while playing. Although eventually I just sortof tune it out and it becomes background noise that I hear through.

Anyhow -- time to load up the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack and play.

Comment

I dont listen to music while I play on TG but i do when I play on frag monkey servers because you dont really need sound. Im interested though what kind of music does everyone listen to? Personally I like stuff to get you pumped up

Example:
              Metallica - Hit the Lights, Seek and Destroy, Master of Puppets, Battery
              Dimmu Borgir - Progenes of the Great Apocolypse, Eradication Instincts Defined
              Children of Bodom - Needled 24/7, Children of Decadence
              Slayer - Raining Blood
              |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

I like stuff that discourages my heart from exploding.

Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack, Enigma, Gregorian monks chanting, etc.

But, if I do feel like popping a vein, I'll put on the Painkiller soundtrack. That does the trick usually.

Comment

I dont listen to music. The clashing voices are all I need :)

It seems like half the server is southern US and a quarter is European :P

Comment

I forgot that I can turn it down on winamp.

I listen full blast all the time when playing on nontactical servers, but I'll try listening to Relationship Of Command while playing, softly, now.

Comment

With out music, i focus 2 hard, and end up sucking... I listen to a lot of different stuff, mostly punk though
                      E-[h4x] TG CS:S Tourny Champs

Comment

ya, when im on a server with under 10-15 people music hurts cause you can't hear anything, but if its more you won't be able to hear anything anyway somusic goes on as loud as i can get it. and it has to be weird music without a set beat or i only shoot on the beat after a little while, really werid.
                        frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Wuts up.....i used to have a problem w/ listnin to music while playin...but i figured out that i had my system volume up to high...now i love listnin to music while playin i have it so low though that when i start gettin into firefights or really into the game i forget its even on....i have it low enough to b able to communicate w/ my team and i can still hear footsteps...mainly i just listen to rock. well im out lata' all
                          rock on,
                          focUs.

Comment

I usually dont listen to music while playing.Unless im sucking or dont feel like talking to anyone.

Listen to:
                            System of a Down-For drowning people out that annoy me.
                            The Beatles-If im in a laid back mood
                            Led Zeppelin-If I feel like kicking some ace

Comment

Originally posted by BATMAN.
                              I usually dont listen to music while playing.Unless im sucking or dont feel like talking to anyone.

Listen to:
                              System of a Down-For drowning people out that annoy me.
                              The Beatles-If im in a laid back mood
                              Led Zeppelin-If I feel like kicking some ace
                              its the same way for me, I think SOAD and The Prodigy are great. Some hardcore techno like Nine Inch Nailes is awesome too.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X