NS tourny

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS tourny

No, I haven't posted in the wrong forum. Our NS brethren are holding a tourny after the CS one, and I've been asked if there are any CS players who are NS noobs and would like to take part. It's an all or nothing thing to make it fair for all the teams, so we need 6 CS players. I'm up for it. Please post here or PM me if you're interested too.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: NS tourny

i am so in, count me, im up for it, count me too, sounds like fun
    ya, me and all my many personalitys agree, ill do it!!
    im not really a ns noob, will that be a bad thing?(cause you said noobs above)
    frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

No its not a bad thing at all.If you are interested go post in http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=53883

Comment

does anybody know if NS works with Half-life 1 source? im not talkin about half-life 2. I bought the Half-life silver package or whatever, and it came with half life 1 source... weird huh?

Comment

Originally posted by nickhastapee
          does anybody know if NS works with Half-life 1 source? im not talkin about half-life 2. I bought the Half-life silver package or whatever, and it came with half life 1 source... weird huh?
          Unfortunately, you need the original halflife or counterstrike to play Natural Selection. NS will not run on the source engine.

The idea with incorporating new players into the tournament is that those who choose to participate will learn the game from experienced players and have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a competitive game. Just as with CS, an organized game of NS can be very different, and far more enjoyable then your typical pub experience.

We are only interested in people who will stick it out for the whole tournament... so if Natural Selection(www.naturalselection.com) is not your kind of game, please dont apply.

If you are interested please see my post in the NS forum, and send me a PM expressing your interest and indicating that you are new to the game.
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by nickhastapee
            If you bought it online with STEAM, you can download the original Half Life 1 as well as the HL1 source... Incredible deal! If you got the CD (which it doesn't sound like since I've only heard of the packages being Gold/Silver through the online portal), it's unavailable, but if you want do download HL1, all you have to do is double click on the greyed-out Half Life in the Play Games menu and it'll download it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by KHazard
              If you bought it online with STEAM, you can download the original Half Life 1 as well as the HL1 source... Incredible deal! If you got the CD (which it doesn't sound like since I've only heard of the packages being Gold/Silver through the online portal), it's unavailable, but if you want do download HL1, all you have to do is double click on the greyed-out Half Life in the Play Games menu and it'll download it for you.
              I didn't download it from Steam... :(
              I bought the package with the sweet T-Shirt!
              but, I just might have to get the origonal Half-life to participate in this tourney.

Comment

The only reason you would need to spend money to play HL1 and its assorted mods is if you only have the Bronze package, or an ATI HL2 coupon (the same thing, really). People who have silver or gold packages can download HL1 through steam at no cost. It costs only $10 to upgrade from bronze (or ATI coupon) to silver through steam.

Comment

Well, I messed around a bit and got like 7 new games including Half-life 1. So, I am downloading Natural Selection as I type.

Comment

How do you upgrade cause i want to!

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

You simply need to install HL1 (Not HL1 Source -- original HL1). It will be called "Half-Life" in your Steam MyGames list (HL1 Source will be called "Half-Life: Source" -- you don't want that).

If you purchased HL2's Silver package, you've already paid for HL1 and own it -- all you have to do is download/install it using Steam. If you don't yet own HL1, it costs ten dollars.

TEN DOLLARS.

Once you've got HL1 installed, simply follow the directions below and you're good to go.

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/view?action=files
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

10 bucks my butt the closest I see is $20 for a package deal.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                        - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Which package do you currently own? Which package will cost you $20? I have an ATI coupon, so when I go to Browse Games I see this:

I already had a HL1 CD key before getting HL2, though, (thus already having access to "Valve's back catalog") so currently there is little incentive for me to get the silver package.

Comment

What I did was found my original counter-strike CD-key and put it in, I then was able to download the "Premier Pack."

Comment

I just need to find a HF1 CD-Key....i am too poor to go out and buy the game....or juss too lazy....hehe
                              Allen: Yeah, you're right.
                              Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X