Server 1 - A FFA Server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 1 - A FFA Server?

Over the last week or so it seems everytime I go into this server it's not played to PCS standards, not even close. A recent game is what brings this into the spotlight.

de_contra - First of all, I know I don't have a mic and I'm working on that - but regardless, whenever I have the bomb, etc. I always get the plan out well before the wait time is up, yet it seems no one listens anymore and people do their own thing. Last I checked, the bomber was the one who decided what to do, correct? Not once, but twice this map people failed to listen to my orders. This doesn't count the countless other times this has occurred over the last week or so.

Now this is what boiled it all over for me. We had a rusher on the CT side. Finally, in what was the next to last round that map, I was killed by this rusher not even 20 feet from the T spawn. Well I, and a couple other people, suggested this rusher be kicked.

Here is what console responded with:

Console: Ts are responsible for their own safety - NOT ADMINS

I replied with "so is this a dm server now?" and was promptly KICKED from the server. No, not the rusher or the people who weren't playing PCS, but me - the one who merely voiced an opinion on a very annoying matter.

???

So, again, all sarcasm aside, is server 1 a DM or FFA server now?

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Re: Server 1 - A FFA Server?

Server 1 is the same as it's always been.

Some admins are sensitive about how people ask for help. If, in the language that you choose to communicate the problem, you are demanding and trying to force an admins hand, some admins will take offense. It sounds like this is what happened to you.
    It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

Originally posted by .brok3n.
      Over the last week or so it seems everytime I go into this server it's not played to PCS standards, not even close. A recent game is what brings this into the spotlight.

de_contra - First of all, I know I don't have a mic and I'm working on that - but regardless, whenever I have the bomb, etc. I always get the plan out well before the wait time is up, yet it seems no one listens anymore and people do their own thing. Last I checked, the bomber was the one who decided what to do, correct? Not once, but twice this map people failed to listen to my orders. This doesn't count the countless other times this has occurred over the last week or so.

Now this is what boiled it all over for me. We had a rusher on the CT side. Finally, in what was the next to last round that map, I was killed by this rusher not even 20 feet from the T spawn. Well I, and a couple other people, suggested this rusher be kicked.

I replied with "so is this a dm server now?" and was promptly KICKED from the server. No, not the rusher or the people who weren't playing PCS, but me - the one who merely voiced an opinion on a very annoying matter.

???

So, again, all sarcasm aside, is server 1 a DM or FFA server now?
      The backtalk that the admins have been getting is a bit uncalled for. Now, I understand your frustration, and I would wager to bet that the person that kicked you, is in fact, not an admin, but a supporting member with kick and console speak rights.

I have those abilities, and I use both very sparingly. but yes, Server 1 has degenerated into a DM zone many a night as of late. All I can say to that is, the supporting members that have the ability to police such, should be doing it. If you ever see me on, and that type of behaviour is happening, let me know right away and I will handle the situation, or find someone that can...
      If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
      with any questions or concerns.
      |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

i was in the game, and i agree with broken. most everyone on our team agreed that the ct was rushing/hunting, but nothing was done. i think that the solution is to have more regulars play on server 1 and uphold the rules as players, not admins, and lead by example so the newbies will understand and can then follow the rules or leave. we also had alot of people "taking over the planning" for the bomber with their mic's (not that i can see a solution to this, just a gripe) because as broken said, he doesnt have a mic, so its hard to keep track of what needs to be done to complete the mission with so many people talking/typing at one time

Comment

Your comment was taken as snide/sarcastic as I explained when you returned.

The CT player was probably pushing things and I was watching him, but I didn't see anything blatant that called for immediate action. Regarding distance to your spawn: he shot you near your spawn but he was not standing right there. I never saw him blatantly chase after Ts and ignore the bombsites. He was being effective because the Ts weren't covering their flanks too well.

de_menace is a very small map so assuming you are safe is not wise.

Comment

Then you must have been following a different person. Since when are CT's allowed THAT far? I'm talking RIGHT at the entrance from the T SPAWN to A. I was killed not once, but TWICE there. That's WAY too far.

So, in other words, if there is a rusher, so what? Deal with it? Let him be? That's how that comes across to me.

After the second time I was rush killed, I said just kick the guy already. A couple other people agreed. Clearly the person wasn't listening.

Upon saying that, I got the above console message.

Comment

Then you must have been following a different person. Since when are CT's allowed THAT far? I'm talking RIGHT at the entrance from the T SPAWN to A. I was killed not once, but TWICE there. That's WAY too far.

So, in other words, if there is a rusher, so what? Deal with it? Let him be? That's how that comes across to me.

After the second time I was rush killed, I said just kick the guy already. A couple other people agreed. Clearly the person wasn't listening.

Upon saying that, I got the above console message.
              Look. Admins are not to be questioned or told what to do in-game. At all. Ever.

Problems with the game server should be discussed here, in the forums.
              Problems with an admin should be discussed via PM with the admin involved or another admin.

Your lack of tact is already rubbing me the wrong way, but I suspect that it's just the harsh nature of text based communication.

As Random said, it's not an admin's job to protect anyone on the server from a rusher. If you and your team can't deal with it, then you're tactically deficient. That is not the same thing as allowing or encouraging people to rush. You have no idea what kind of private messages Random was sending to the player that was rushing. You don't know how many times he was warned. Perhaps Random was trying to explain our style of play while you were shooting your mouth (fingers, in this case...) off?

Bottom line is that all of the admins are different. But they were all chosen for their judgement and knowledge. Don't question them in-game, don't be disrespectful ever, and I suspect you'll have less problems.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I dont really have anything to say on .brok3n.'s situation but i do have a little complaint or maybe just a worry, so to speak....i've been playin all day...lol and something thats botherin me is i've been playin w/ TG people all day and none of them have really been tryin to plan strats or anything....like on DE_ maps all they say is A or B nothin else....and if im on the CT side they say the same...which isnt as bad but still....it concerns me. Well i'd like to see wut other people think about this situation. Thnx.... focUs.
                ....Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly....

The first rule of focus is this: "Wherever you are, be there.

Comment

focUs., that's generally what it's been like for a while now, atleast in server 1. There's virtually no communication involved and half the time no one listens to the bomber or simply works as a team. It's frustrating. To be quite frank, it makes me want to go play somewhere else or just stop playing the game altogether.

This is why I love when Root's in the server I'm playing in. There are virtually no problems with rushers, and when there is - you get slayed on the spot. When you're on his team, the team actually works AS A TEAM (imagine that). I just find that my most enjoyable games are when he's in the server. I'm not trying to kiss ass here, but that's just how I feel.

CingularDuality, I'm just voicing my displeasure with the lack of PCS gameplay displayed in the server over the last week or so. Mind you I don't intend to knock on anyone or question anyone's authority. I guess I mis interpreted what Random had said and for that I apologize.

When I said "is this a dm server now?", that was in a light hearted, sarcastic tone. It just upset me that a mere sarcastic comment like that got me kicked all the while a player not obeying server rules was still allowed to do his/her thing.

I guess the thing to do next time, for me atleast, is to just go somewhere else when the lack of teamwork, lack of PCS play, etc. is going on.

Comment

I guess the thing to do next time, for me atleast, is to just go somewhere else when the lack of teamwork, lack of PCS play, etc. is going on.
                    That's what I do. Even, as an admin I don't know how to fix that problem. :(
                    It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

There was a rusher who wasn't playing PCS. And someone on the defensive side got kicked?

There's "questioning an admin", and then there's "admins failing their responsibility". People who aren't playing PCS should be removed, and any admin failing to remove the person who is not playing the objective has come up lacking. Any admin who would kick someone else (particularly someone else playing PCS) for pointing out their failures doesn't deserve to be an admin.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

A reminder about PCS

It's going to be very difficult for a team to decide it an opposing team member is playing PCS or not. You do not know the strategy and communication that is going on with the other team so let's not presume that the other player is not doing so.

The offensive team must realize that the "safe zones" they may be used to do not really exist. Some maps have open sniping sites into the offensive teams spawn... some defensive players take forward positions... whatever the case may be, the offensive team should be ready at all times. The server is not opening up to be a deathmatch server, but it's also not a server where we only play on half the map.

Server 1 is the server where the admins (and players) should be spending more time to educate the player base... the whole player base, including TG members & pubbies. There are many players who do not initially understand our style of play and need a bit of instruction and patience for them to get used to it. Even long standing players still need this education and server 1 is where that will take place.

Server 2 is protected for a reason. We will hold the players to a higher standard of play. If you are looking for that higher standard, please play on that server.

If you are playing on either server and you feel that a player is not playing PCS, regardless of which team, then please voice your concern, not a demand, to an admin. If you do not see an admin on, voice it to the public so that a supporting member may assist. There are more tactful ways to bring about the problem.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

I have to say, i've seen alot of demands from people on kicking this person or kicking that person. Some admins take the time to show people, other admins don't so much. Everyone deserves fair warning though, imo and atleast a chance to come around.

- -

Comment

Don't forget about @chat, which allows you to speak only to whichever admins (temp or otherwise) are present. Admins can respond privately. Temp admins cannot (and will not be given the ability to).

Simply say, in chat:

@chat omg ban wyz.
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

As much as a new person deserves a warning before they are kicked for rushing(and I totally agree with that), don't you think a REGULAR deserves a warning before being kicked for a one time attitude?!

If an admin had a problem with broken's sarcasm, they should have said so. Responding to his complaint of non PCS play with a rather unsympathetic response, kicking him without warning, where the reason he acted in a sarcastic manner is because he tries to play PCS the best he can, all of that... seems at BEST heavy handed, and really, to me, seems wrong headed, and a mistake.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X