Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Consistency will be enforced on the servers

Well, we all knew it was coming.

So, effective a week from today, Monday May 30th, model consistency will be enforced on the TG CSS servers.

Just giving you guys early warning.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Model Consistency will be enforced on the servers

Yipee

needmorewords

Comment

Roger that, PAF pack uninstalling right now.
      Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
      Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

well that sux, but its all good....just curious...can i keep the sounds?
        ....Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly....

The first rule of focus is this: "Wherever you are, be there.

Comment

Out of curiosity how will you enforce this??? Does the server detect differing models?

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
          - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Originally posted by SephirothValentine
            Out of curiosity how will you enforce this??? Does the server detect differing models?
            Yes. You simply will not be able to connect to the server if your models are custom.
            It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

Originally posted by focUs.
              well that sux, but its all good....just curious...can i keep the sounds?
              We have no idea. You'll have to either wait and see, or do the research yourself.
              It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

i don't mind this even though i did like the custom M4 quite a bit, any chance we'll be able to allow some models in the future?

- -

Comment

Originally posted by K2_the_Turtle
                  Yes. You simply will not be able to connect to the server if your models are custom.
                  Ok. Thx :D

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

Comment

How do i get the original models back?

Comment

you should be able to delete your custom models and steam will reload anything it needs. however i recall someone trying that with sounds for the new m4 model and it failed for them so it would be best if you hunted down the actuall model files and got the orignal valve ones from a site and replaced them.
                      frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Originally posted by Cerevox
                        you should be able to delete your custom models and steam will reload anything it needs. however i recall someone trying that with sounds for the new m4 model and it failed for them so it would be best if you hunted down the actuall model files and got the orignal valve ones from a site and replaced them.

you CANNOT delete valves content as it's stored in GCF files. Anything you copied over should be deleted. If you don't know what you copied over then check the zip file for the paths.

- -

Comment

Actually this stinks... I wanted to try out some of those models... Damn

Comment

Originally posted by SephirothValentine
                            Actually this stinks... I wanted to try out some of those models... Damn
                            Me too. Downloaded the PAF pack, but have yet to install it. The models on the PAF website look choice, but alas, I won't be installing them after all.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              Me too. Downloaded the PAF pack, but have yet to install it. The models on the PAF website look choice, but alas, I won't be installing them after all.
                              I tried the PAF pack for a day. Guess I just don't get it. I like the default models the best, although I DID like the female hostages, but that's only because one of them was sweet on me.

Last I heard, you cannot selectively allow custom models. It's all or nothing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X