How to uninstall model/sound/ packs

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to uninstall model/sound/ packs

Really simple.

|DRIVE:|\Steam\SteamApps\YOUREMAIL\counter-strike source\cstrike\models

Delete the whole models folder if you wish, or if you just installed player skins, then just delete the players folder in the models folder.

|DRIVE:|\Steam\SteamApps\YOUREMAIL\counter-strike source\cstrike\sound

If it was just weapons, delete the weapons folder, otherwise delete the whole sounds folder.

You will not need to download any files, as the wonderful steam program caches all of the default models and sounds.

This was made for the upcomming model consistency movement.

Re: How to uninstall model/sound/ packs

Very nice contribution Sniper. Thank you!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Once again Sniper takes the time to try to help his fellow players.

Good form, Sniper. Good form.

If there are any mistakes in it, you're perma-banned for life.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Unless of course your a mapper like me, deleting that folder would be disastrous

- -

Perma-banned? UH-OH! CRAP! :P

Just kidding :P

Anyways, since I may be the know-all-cmds and stuff CS player (i'm sure there are more.. but I do know a lot about commands and how to do stuff) I will make sure I keep you guys up-to-date on these matters. If you have any other questions on ANYTHING about CS or Steam, just PM me and I will try to help you in the best way that I can! :)

lol, perma-banned for life. have fun. just kidding. :icon16:
            but if you guys really screw up the process or want to take the never-fail method (warning, might take kinda long time) then just right click on the counter strike souce name from the play games menu and go to prefrences or whatever is at the bottom of the list and then from there, click "delete local game content" which reinstalls all of the maps and skins and all of that stuff with out deleting the game itself. but this is only if Sniper's way dosent work. just giving our fellow noobs a last resort out of the computer mumbo-jumbo. :icon16:

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed