server 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server 1

today, i was on server 1 as ichtar Dus'veve or something like that. we had few rushers and pretty good game play for a couple maps. and then we hit cbbl(i think this is the right map, its the one with the roof with the crenelations and that everyone is so obsessed with taking). i was on teh ct team and we were playing ridicusly well. we really didn't have that much comm work because after the first few rounds everyone knew where everoyne else was and the only thing we had to call in were things like number of t and bomb location. meanwhile the t team was getting ripped into meat cubes less than a cm a side. it actually had a dm feel to it but it seemed like the ct team was playing by all the pcs standards, even the pubies. sure, we pushed the boundaires a little, but never enough to be rushing. we kept clear of each other's field of fire and we watched everyone else's back. when a bomb got called in everyone moved quickly and effincetly into the area and owned the t team so fast it was like a starving fat kid eating candy. it only had that dm feel becuase when a ct would encounter a t the t would die in a hail of bullets. that and i was kill bind spamming(every kill) and teaching others how to make binds. it was pretty amazing, especially considering over half the server was public folk.
    frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Re: server 1

You pick the strangest names, I'll give you that 0_o

Comment

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Comment

what im trying to say is i owned on server 1 and had twice the kills (23) of the next best person. that and we played real pcs with a bunch of pubbies, which is odd. and i use many names, all of which are really cool. and the pcs we played was like a dm pcs kind of. mainly i like talking, so i commentd on something intresting. every once in a while i get lots of replies, like my map and gun prefrences threads. and if its just me rambling, then don't say anything and this trhead will just float on down the list till it vanishes. and kill binds are cool. ya, that about sums it up. and im not suprsired you didn't get it, cause your an ice cube, while clearly i am a cat swinging a rat flail.
        frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

So for the most part....you're patting yourself on the back?

Comment

sigh... i keep trying to join, and even with a reserved slot, I can't get in. :(

Comment

Originally posted by TTL_Kurtis
              sigh... i keep trying to join, and even with a reserved slot, I can't get in. :(
              You're a supporting member? Are you sure? You don't have dog tags by your name. If you've paid your membership fee, PM Apophis and he'll sort your dog tags out for you.

Also, if you are a supporting member, you need to have your steam ID in your profile or your reserved slot won't work. Non-supporting members can put |TG| in their name as long as they support our style of play. This also requires having your steam ID in your profile.

If you don't know how to obtain your steam ID, check this thread out

Cheers
              Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

no, im patting everyone who was on that night on the back cause it was an awesome game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerevox
                  you didn't get it, cause your an ice cube, while clearly i am a cat swinging a rat flail.
                  He's got a point you know? :D

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

oh, so i'm ACTUALLY supposed to pay to get a reserved slot? i thought u guys were kidding lol. how much am i supposed to pay?

bah, nevermind i found the information.

Comment

It's well worth being a supporting member if you can afford it. We get perks not available to regular members. Membership fees also help fund new ideas such as this fantastic site, which will be going live shortly. Most people seem to have ignored the news announcement, so I'll just slide a few hundred reminders in :D

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

i think i'll just stick with being a non-supporting member and hang out there :-P

i'm not really up for spending 9 bucks a month on a game. i love counter-strike, but not that much

Comment

i think i'll just stick with being a non-supporting member and hang out there :-P

i'm not really up for spending 9 bucks a month on a game. i love counter-strike, but not that much
                          Thats understandable. Have you looked at the other games we support? Reserved slots work on the natural selection server as well as the counterstrike ones. The benefits of supporting do not apply just to CS.

However, if you're happy to be a non-supporting member, then thats great too.

Root
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

what, not noticed tactical conflict going up!!!! but it looks so cool!! hehe, root the salesman.

Comment

I'll add my .02 here:

At first, $9 per month seemed excessive to me as well, and I even cancelled my sub (briefly).

Then Apophis pointed out something to me: nothing is for profit here. It all gets chugged back right to Tactical Gamers. Essentially, only by paying can we ensure that the servers stay running, and that the TG style game has somewhere to be played.

Server reliability is very good, admins are responsive, and there is an ever expanding number of available servers.

Right now, in addition to CounterStrike Source on 2 servers, we have Natural Selection 3.0, Ghost Recon (x2), SWAT 4, Neverwinter Nights (our own persistent world no less), and Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat. Offline servers include Joint Operations, and Operation Flash Point (which may still be live).

There is also another "Communty Event" server that is loaded with just about everything and can be brought online by request.

That's a ton of good gaming, with servers populated by non-asshats, guaranteed.

Members also get other perks as well: access to members only servers and forums, web space, blogs, guaranteed slots, and the ability to fully participate in our Tourneys (ok, it's only for bragging rights, but still, its fun).

Add all that together, and $9 per month doesn't seem like so much.

That said, you are more than welcome to particpate without membership. Just wanted to get my pitch in.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X