Teamspeak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak

For those of you who prefer to use teamspeak, I've just created seperate channels for T's and CT's. TS has better audio than the CSS in-game audio.

On a related subject, I'm sure this reminder is completely un-necessary :

Cheating is NOT tolerated at tacticalgamer. Anyone caught abusing the teamspeak facilities for cheating will be banned.

Tourny teams - if you want to use TS for your matches, PM me and I'll set up additional match channels for you.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Teamspeak

umm, the boldness of text, with the cheating thing, is that really nessesary? cause if they are going to go to all of the trouble of getting into ts for tg then i doubt the are of the cheating kind. so ya, your right, it really was unnessary, as you said. and like in game, when we are playing, will those using ts be able to talk to us in game and such, cause ive never used ts cause it does weird things to my comp when i try and install it.
    frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

I hope that anyone that chooses to use teamspeak binds their speak button so that it sends your voice over both TS and the ingame voice(I've done that before, though not in a while, but it used to work fine). Otherwise this will just split the coms and reduce comunications.

I've never understood why people think the ingame voice is bad. If people have properly configured their mic, I've never had a problem understanding them. The only thing it really sucks at is when multiple people speak at once; but that just encourages people to CONTROL YOUR CHATTER.

I've used both. I can understand others in both. TS sounds "better", but the ingame gets the job done. And the ingame ensures your voice gets cut off appropriately when you die. Usually you are surprised about the exact moment of your death. I don't think even with the best intentions that you will cut your voice off when you die as quickly as the game does.

I hadn't heard people asking for this option, so I was surprised it was done. Though I knew it was used in matches and it never bothered me, so meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict
        I hadn't heard people asking for this option, so I was surprised it was done. Though I knew it was used in matches and it never bothered me, so meh.
        I'm trying to pre-empt demand by doing it now :D I'm not fussed if people choose not to use TS in game, but if its to be used for matches, I want to set dedicated channels up so that normal play isn't interefered with. If the TS use increases for CS, I'll create additional channels so that both servers can use it at once. It costs nothing, and makes more use of the TS facility,

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          I'm trying to pre-empt demand by doing it now :D I'm not fussed if people choose not to use TS in game, but if its to be used for matches, I want to set dedicated channels up so that normal play isn't interefered with. If the TS use increases for CS, I'll create additional channels so that both servers can use it at once. It costs nothing, and makes more use of the TS facility,

Root
          Teamspeak is an awesome tool...I have used it for years with my MMO gaming group. Ill be more than happy to swap over to it for the tourneys...
          If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
          with any questions or concerns.
          |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Root

Root
            For the last tournament, we created team channels (IE, "Team Darwin" channel). Any supporting member who's hooked up with an 'SA' Teamspeak person (of which there are four, I think) can pull this off.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I got my own ventrilo channel that is pretty damn good (lags sometimes but seems to only affect me and my brother O_o). Plus I think its better than ts.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
              - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Originally posted by SephirothValentine
                I got my own ventrilo channel that is pretty damn good (lags sometimes but seems to only affect me and my brother O_o). Plus I think its better than ts.
                I've heard some people say that they like Ventrilo better. Personally, I think TS has much higher quality, provides a better access control system, is easier to manage, and is a more refined package.

Ventrilo is nice, but if you enable and crank up the codec in TS it far exceeds the quality of Ventrilo.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I don't think that the use of TS should be encouraged for our server for general use. Tourneys are one thing, but othewise getting everyone on the server to use TS will be impossible.

BTW: Congrats to root for finally changing his forum name! :D

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I have major issues with ingame. Everyone seems to bark a command or a plea for reinforcements at EXACTLY THE SAME TIME, meaning that all I hear is garble and static. That combined with feedback from people having the mic too close, and its almost unusable. Forget coordination, at this point, I'm trying to decipher meaning.

I prefer TS for precicely that reason: even when people are talking over each other, their voices are distinct, clear, and understandable. Even when GWJ and TG played Joint Ops on the same channel (15 or so players), there was never a time where you couldn't understand what was going on.

Comment

For those that do choose to use TeamSpeak, there's a 3rd party program called "TeamSpeak Overlay" that will allow you to see who is chatting and whats going on in TS.
                      TeamSpeak Overlay (TSO) is an Application designed to be use with TeamSpeak, that allows players to "see" who is speaking.

With TSO, an addition to your games HUD allows you to see whos talking without having to switch out of the game.
                      Check the TeamSpeak Overlay Website for more info and a download. Works well in all the games I play. There's also a Game Compatability List available. Goodluck!
                      birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                        Heh :) I assumed it wasn't possible - I can't have [email protected] because this forum is running on a linux box. Apophis told me it wasn't the case for forum names last night during a lengthy chat. One of the outcomes of this chat will be announced shortly I believe. Keep your eye on the news forum :D

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                          :Please watch your mouth |TG| Karkianman E-|h4x|
                          Holy ****!

Comment

ROOT'S PREGNANT?!

oh wait...

anyway... I've never heard TeamSpeak sound as good, in any configuration, as Ventrilo does out of the box. Albeit I'm not concerned about the delta between the two, but Ventrilo definately sounds better.

But Vent is a damn resources hog. It gives you less control over binds, and you pay a greater response time for that sound quality in Vent (again, negligible, but it's there).

Vent has its place, but I like our setup just the way it is. I argued for Vent when Apophis refused to up the codecs on the TS server (long time ago). Now that we use Speex on the TS server, I'm most pleased and have been for some time.
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Shrug I have used both and I so happen to like ventrilo and have a server if you want to use it. Just PM me and I'll give you it (haven't used it in a while, just my bro and his GM buddies).

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                              - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X