How to get the TG Tag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get the TG Tag

I saw this post in another thread and it reminded me of something I wanted to vent about....
    Originally posted by Wyzcrak
    don't share the password, but rather what people must do to learn it
    I think this also applies to the TG tag. All too often in game someone askes how they can get the TG tag and is told by a member to post their Steam ID in our forums, but TG is not about collecting Steam Ids, it's about playing PCS with people who are like-minded. I will normally just tell people to read our forums and learn about TG if they're playing our style of CS:S, otherwise I won't even respond at all.

Re: How to get the TG Tag

Buck you have a great point here, The tag is supposed to mean you understand our style of play (PCS) and abide by the rules. Well alot of people who have the TG tag ask what's PCS?

- -

Comment

What's PCS?

Just kidding (I hope that's obvious).

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Cower
        What's PCS?

Just kidding (I hope that's obvious).
        I was an admin for at least 4 months before I knew the answer to that question. I'm terrible with acronyms. :)
        It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

Should the TG tag be awarded to PCS players by the admins then? That sort of shift in the way we do things would have to be well discussed by the admins, and possibly kicked upstairs to the boss man, but what are peoples thoughts?

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I don't mind being more flexible with the TG tag. That tag means you enjoy our style of play and support our community. It doesn't have to mean that you completely understand PCS. You can still be learning it.

IMO, we have server 2 for those people who understand PCS.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

So no TG tag for non PCS on server 2, and TG tag for friendly n00bs on server 1? :P

EDIT: or we could have a |TG PCS| tag for pcs players, while everyone learning to be one just has |TG|. This would also let people know who to learn from when trying to learn PCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                Should the TG tag be awarded to PCS players by the admins then? That sort of shift in the way we do things would have to be well discussed by the admins, and possibly kicked upstairs to the boss man, but what are peoples thoughts?

Root
                The TG tag should be a badge of honor we extend to players that 1) understand our gameplay, and 2) act on that understanding. The tag represents a code of conduct that should be upheld regardless of where we play, and it should not be awarded to people that have no understanding of that code.

One solution would be a thread in members only where we can nominate people for the TG tag. That way, we can have everyone get a say: no "why is that spawn camper using the TG tag? He doesn't understand PCS\Ghost Recon\Team play\etc..."

That's not to say that paying members shouldn't be able to use the TG tag, but that TG members should be able to vote on it.

Admins would have VETO power. The veto would be used sparringly, and would not be appealable. If some noob comes in, says "what's PCS?" and the next day his name is in the Nominee Thread, because someone thought he was a good player\asset\shot, Root, Wyzcrak, or another admin should be able to step in and veto it. A simple "he just got here, we will revisit giving him a tag in a couple of months" will end the discussion.

Comment

The veto would have to be majority based, where the majority is the majority of Admins who have seen the player. (I mean, cingular i dont think has seen me more than once or twice, so in a majority vote for me he would be excluded)

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                    The veto would have to be majority based, where the majority is the majority of Admins who have seen the player. (I mean, cingular i dont think has seen me more than once or twice, so in a majority vote for me he would be excluded)
                    That seems fair enough to me. We could pend the nomination/veto until another Admin (Wyzcrak, Shogun, Luna, Apophis, Mateo) has a look at the person in action.

Comment

You folks put a lot of thought into this. What's the net effect at the end of the day with all this? Is someone wearing or not wearing a tag in there name detrimental to gameplay?
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                        You folks put a lot of thought into this. What's the net effect at the end of the day with all this? Is someone wearing or not wearing a tag in there name detrimental to gameplay?
                        I think it's a matter of conflict in game. You see conflicting actions from multiple people who wear a TG tag. Some of them know how to play the objective and others do not. So this ends up in confusion by those learning. The net effect of this system is that, you know who exactly to reference, in the case an admin is not around to clarify the situation.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                          Using the tag doesn't effect the game one way or the other. I think it is more along the lines of controlling who we want representing Tactical Gamer.

Think of |TGS| for a sec: some random pub comes in, using their tag, and acts the asshat. We don't know if they are actually |TGS| or not, save that some of their guys were around that day.

That individual came here using that tag, most likely they are using that tag elsewhere as well. I'm sure |TGS| doesn't support that type of gameplay, but how many other players/admins out in the vastness of online gaming know that?

Comment

But if someone isn't playing PCS and doesn't seem to be making the effort, shouldn't they be removed from the server, regardless of tag?

If those who flout the objective are brazen enough to be wearing a TG tag while doing it, wouldn't a week in the hole be a more fitting choice, as opposed to "stop wearing that tag"? And if a [TG] tag wearer messes up because he was learning, then the total noob can learn from that experience as well.
                            [volun2]
                            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              That individual came here using that tag, most likely they are using that tag elsewhere as well. I'm sure |TGS| doesn't support that type of gameplay, but how many other players/admins out in the vastness of online gaming know that?
                              And what's to stop a [TG] tag wearer from being an asshat somewhere beyond the confines of this community?

A name is a name is a name. If they're playing correctly, let them stay; if they're not, remove them. The fact that you need to register to use the tag is already about 400% more hoop to jump through than is really necessary.
                              [volun2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X