This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >_< E's victory?!

honestly, with half of team A's team gone and with several people timing out so often, i didn't really enjoy tonight's tourney. maybe you had fun maybe you didn't, but i was wondering IF it's okay with everyone that we have a rematch or something? i really feel bad about team A's disability today.

Re: &gt;_&lt; E's victory?!

Me first :P

Comment

oh b quiet....

Comment

It sucked pretty bad, It's not one of the better games i've been in but i'm all for a rematch in fairness.

Not to mention root was quite peeved when uchi got sniped in spawn.. Never went well from that point.

- -

Comment

It is my understanding that some players on Team E felt that since it was a tourney match, they could travel anywhere on the map. :(

In case it needs repeating.. There is never a situation (barring the CTs having the hostages) where the Ts on Italy should travel THROUGH the apartments and come out on the CT side. Nor is there ever a sitation where the Ts should go THROUGH the cellar and come out on the CT side of them. These kinds of actions would earn a player a temporary ban. That is not PCS play and it should not be happening in the tourney. :icon13: :icon13:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

It was me and I had apoligized... I am sorry for that :x
            (it was a misunderstanding of some things)

Comment

i thought that in a tournament, there is no such thing as "boundaries"...remember, this is now a tournament, where kills are what counts while maintaining to the objective of course. unless of course, OUR tournaments are more unique and distinct unlike other tournaments.

as far as i'm concerned with THIS tournament between A vs E, "I" will not accept this win...i wish to have a rematch.

Comment

I think we should do way with the pcs rules an stick to how we play everyday. Are change everything to pcs rules , one are the other... To me if were going to play by pcs rules it should be played that way all the time so people will leaned what to do an not to do etc. practicing one way up apon till a tourney comes were it totaly changes isn't the way to make good players.

Sorry , had to vent

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
                  ...kills are what counts...
                  I probably shouldnt comment because I don't know the story here but the only scores that matter are the teams' scores (ie rounds won)

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                    It is my understanding that some players on Team E felt that since it was a tourney match, they could travel anywhere on the map. :(

In case it needs repeating.. There is never a situation (barring the CTs having the hostages) where the Ts on Italy should travel THROUGH the apartments and come out on the CT side. Nor is there ever a sitation where the Ts should go THROUGH the cellar and come out on the CT side of them. These kinds of actions would earn a player a temporary ban. That is not PCS play and it should not be happening in the tourney. :icon13: :icon13:
                    Please: say it's a boundary and enforce it as such, or leave the matter be.

PCS can either beat into my head that intent is everything and nothing's off limits, or it can say that there's never a reason someone should be at place X and therefore they'll be banned for it. Simultaneity ain't existing there.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus

I take exception to this. I traveled through the cellar and watched from the top of the ramp. I did not choose to do so, I was under orders to do so because this position could be used as an excellent recon and flank point. I made every effort not to engage unless necessary. The answer to the boundries question is always that we have no boundries but that we judge intent. IMO recon and flank is very tactical.

I also stated in game that I was not comfortable continuing with A not being full strength. I would welcome a rematch.

Comment

I would not be against rematch.

And please read the boundaries thread. There ARE in fact boundaries. The only thing is that there is an occasionally reason to be there, aka recon.

What Buck and me did occasionally was fine, imo, because I didnt go through cellar to get kills. And while Buck did have to confront a couple times, I never had to confront anywhere but the standard area.

Comment

Wow... sounds like a normal match at TWL...

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                          - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

What recon could you gain at the ct side of the cellar that you couldn't get from on top of the roof? And what good would that particular info do for you on this map where we could change where we are going at any point?

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                              Please: say it's a boundary and enforce it as such, or leave the matter be.

PCS can either beat into my head that intent is everything and nothing's off limits, or it can say that there's never a reason someone should be at place X and therefore they'll be banned for it. Simultaneity ain't existing there.
                              I'm not sure what you are saying.. Are you saying please make boundaries, or allow deathmatching?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X