This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed Thread

I don't think it was fair to close the former thread that was attacking Team E's strategies without giving us time to defend ourselves or have an admin state that we did nothing wrong.(Except 4 sniper's 1 indiscretion )
    Originally posted by asch
    .... What was enforced months ago as "boundaries" was in an attempt to both teach and admin about intent, objective, etc. In the end though, PCS has no boundaries... but as Kark said, it's intent that is judged.
    Every admin I've seen post on the issue says the imaginary "boundaries" are there to help show noobs how to play PCS. If anyone here wants to call me a noob, I say bring your best weapon to the server of your choice and I'll prove otherwise. We've stated our intent and I believe our strategy is sound. I would appreciate an admin stepping in and making a judgement call on this. I stated in game that I wanted to stop the tourney and wait for Team A to get stabile, but they refused. I don't mind if Team E's win is questioned based on Team A not being full strength, but there was nothing non-pcs about our strategy. I believe team e is also being slammed privately and to that I just say, "Grow up and handle your problems like a man." This needs to be resolved, not just closed and ignored.

Re: Closed Thread

"Why can't I go to X under PCS rules if I tell my whole team?"

You have to ask yourself the following questions:

"Am I playing my role as the defensive team?"
    "Am I giving the offensive team a chance to play their role?"
    "If need be, could I get back to where I need to in time do defend my objective?"

I am sure Root will have a more complete answer for you, but this should get you started..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Re: Closed Thread

Originally posted by Buck Fush
      I don't think it was fair to close the former thread that was attacking Team E's strategies without giving us time to defend ourselves or have an admin state that we did nothing wrong.(Except 4 sniper's 1 indiscretion )
      I closed it because the conversation was going too far off topic. Questions were asked about PCS, and I answered that this would be addressed through PCS training sessions.

If anyone here wants to call me a noob, I say bring your best weapon to the server of your choice and I'll prove otherwise.
      In other words you'll frag that person more times than they'll frag you? That's not PCS.

We've stated our intent and I believe our strategy is sound. I would appreciate an admin stepping in and making a judgement call on this.
      Certainly. Here's an admins response :

Originally posted by Tempus
      It is my understanding that some players on Team E felt that since it was a tourney match, they could travel anywhere on the map. :(

In case it needs repeating.. There is never a situation (barring the CTs having the hostages) where the Ts on Italy should travel THROUGH the apartments and come out on the CT side. Nor is there ever a sitation where the Ts should go THROUGH the cellar and come out on the CT side of them. These kinds of actions would earn a player a temporary ban. That is not PCS play and it should not be happening in the tourney. :icon13: :icon13:
      I stated in game that I wanted to stop the tourney and wait for Team A to get stabile, but they refused.
      I don't believe your team was in *full* agreement on this, although you were very gracious at the start in allowing us to wait for our subs to arrive.

I don't mind if Team E's win is questioned based on Team A not being full strength, but there was nothing non-pcs about our strategy.
      Please refer to the above quote from Tempus.

I believe team e is also being slammed privately and to that I just say
      Nonsense, codswallop, rubbish, supposition with a healthy dose of paranoia.

I closed the thread because it had strayed too far off topic. I felt it might degenerate into something resembling some recent threads. There is a line between asking questions in the pursuit of knowledge, and being argumentative and contrary. If I see a thread approaching or crossing that line I'll shut it down.

If you take issue with an admins actions, then your first response should be to PM that admin, NOT start a thread about it. If you don't get a satisfactory response from the admin in queston, your next point of contact is Apophis for as long as he is prepared to entertain your complaint.

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...