Regarding the Protected Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the Protected Server

How come I very rarely see players on the protected server? I can understand some people would join the public server to educate newbies of PCS and TG, but I mean I almost never see anyone on the protected server -- aside from the occasional burst of activity, there's nobody there.

So is there any particular reason for this?

Just had to ask, as it seems rather peculiar to me that nobody should take advantage of a server that we have access to.

Re: Regarding the Protected Server

They're all scared of me.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Cower
      How come I very rarely see players on the protected server? I can understand some people would join the public server to educate newbies of PCS and TG, but I mean I almost never see anyone on the protected server -- aside from the occasional burst of activity, there's nobody there.

So is there any particular reason for this?

Just had to ask, as it seems rather peculiar to me that nobody should take advantage of a server that we have access to.
      Well, my thought is that someone has to start that certain burst of activity. So, you just have to find people to play with.

Comment

Weekdays, i don't think it's active enough. Weekend i almost always see people on the protected server. It comes and goes, but it's been used much more often.

- -

Comment

I think it is because, on some basic level, the PCS community doesn't actually want to play PCS all the time. Sure, everyone squables and moans about the lack of PCS play on server 1, but that's why the powers that be password protected server 2.

Everytime I play CS:S, I go to server 2, and so should you. I recall Vulcan saying that if there were only 10 people that wanted to play PCS, then that was sufficient. I count maybe 6 people ready to play PCS anytime, day or night.

I guess, but maybe all the BS about PCS and the community here is just that: BS.

That's right, I'm calling you all out.
          You asked for it, you got it, now use it.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
            I think it is because, on some basic level, the PCS community doesn't actually want to play PCS all the time. Sure, everyone squables and moans about the lack of PCS play on server 1, but that's why the powers that be password protected server 2.
            And comment, that boys and girls, is a headshot with a 228 from site A on penstock right down the other end of CT spawn.

If you don't want to play PCS, you have no business on either server.

If you want to learn (or teach) PCS, you should play on server 1

If you want to play PCS properly, you should be on server 2

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I find if I jump on to the empty server2 when server1 is packed about 5 minutes later there'll be a half dozen people on server2 playing with me.

Just don't wait for others to join before you do, be a leader and join and wait a bit. It also gives you a chance to hone your skills by yourself for a round or two. Pick a gun and try to improve your accuracy.
              Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
              Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Another thought of mine is(who cares about my thoughts anyways?) that people are afraid to play on the server because they dont fully understand PCS and think they will do something wrong. PCS training might clear this up...

Comment

i usually sit in server two for a while alone, and just check my computer every once in awhile to see if anyone has joined to play with.

Comment

If you don't want to play PCS right then, go on my server.

I go on the empty servers for quite a while in order to get people to join.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

ya, but all yall folks who join empty servers are few. most of us would rather sit for half an hour waiting for a slot on the full server 1 than sit by ourselves on server 2. i have no clue why. it just is. (people are weird like that)
                      frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X