Teamspeak Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak Question

Any of you TS gurus out there know if it's possible to listen to 2 channels simultaneously

Re: Teamspeak Question

I donít think so, but if you have 2 PCs running simultaneously you could.

Comment

You could possibly open up teamspeak twice and connect twice. Of course one connection would be the standard anonymous & password connection. Not sure if this works though.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Phantom had 2 connections during the PCS training last saturday, although I believe he was using 2 computers to do it. Why would you want to do this though?

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          Why would you want to do this though?
          I don't think I can tell you that, it's Top Secret. Well, I guess I can, but since you're all the way over there you have to promise to kill yourself after reading it.

My idea is to try and implement some sort of squad communication. We could use 1 channel for global communication and 1 channel each for squad A and squad B.

Something like this:
          Channel 1 Global channel
          Channel 2 Squad A channel
          Channel 3 Squad B channel

When someone on Squad A needs to communicate with Squad B, they use channel 1, otherwise they use channel 2 and vice versa. Both squads would need to be able to recieve channel 1 as well as their squad channels.

It's probably just a dumb idea, but I'd like to see how it would work in game if it were possible. I was also thinking of trying this by using the in game comm as the global and 2 ts channels as the squads.

BTW I changed my "offensive" bind to "Praise Bob for the victory He has given us! Now where are my 72 virgins?" I think that should offend fewer people.

Comment

Consult with Google about "whispering" in TeamSpeak. With some headache, this makes possible what you're trying to do, using only one TS client.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

wyz iz da man. This will work.

Comment

I think I'll pass on your offer on me killing myself.

Isn't this going to over complicate matters? I don't know. The idea of splitting your team into 2 squads is a perfectly viable tactic, and I can see how things could be easier doing it your way. Even so, you'd have to have a well disciplined team of PCS players for it to work. Let us know if you can get something working.

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush
                  I don't think I can tell you that, it's Top Secret. Well, I guess I can, but since you're all the way over there you have to promise to kill yourself after reading it.

My idea is to try and implement some sort of squad communication. We could use 1 channel for global communication and 1 channel each for squad A and squad B.

Something like this:
                  Channel 1 Global channel
                  Channel 2 Squad A channel
                  Channel 3 Squad B channel

When someone on Squad A needs to communicate with Squad B, they use channel 1, otherwise they use channel 2 and vice versa. Both squads would need to be able to recieve channel 1 as well as their squad channels.

It's probably just a dumb idea, but I'd like to see how it would work in game if it were possible. I was also thinking of trying this by using the in game comm as the global and 2 ts channels as the squads.

BTW I changed my "offensive" bind to "Praise Bob for the victory He has given us! Now where are my 72 virgins?" I think that should offend fewer people.
                  This can be done quite easily with the built in functionality of TeamSpeak. You can put each squad on their own TS channel, then have the squad leaders bind a key to allow them to talk to the other squad leader, or squad channel.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Yeah, I've been reading about it. Doesn't sound near as complicated as I originally made it seem.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X