Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is interesting... it does have a point!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is interesting... it does have a point!

I was on our server the other day on one of the worse maps ever created... de_chateu (ummm yeah I can't spell it ok). Trully I personally despise the map... this has nothing to do with the post but I had to get that out.

Anyway... I joined ct. The other team for the majority of the time had the a larger number and my teammates seemed to die very quickly. I still played with PCS style in mind and tried to get them to communicate as much as possible. I will admit I was too tired to try to do PCS hardcore with positions and everything (I was trully exhausted). It turned out that most of my teammates usually died before I could group up with them at a bombsite and that meant solo play most of the time (don't blame me for not being a team player it was amazing how fast they died).

Near the end, the score made me laugh pretty hard. I had 35/3. My teammates and enemies didn't pass the double digits for score (my teammates didn't reach five). Now I know what your thinking... What about the team, why were you acting like a soloist, blah blah... In my defense from the comments I am almost certain I'll get especially from Root... heh... I'll say I was working with my teammates very well I just got EVERY kill and bomb defusal (really it just happened that way). I'll won't post the screeny later when I get home b/c of two reasons. One: I'm just to dang lazy. Two: If you don't believe me I don't give a hoot as that's not the point of really making.

This event just striked me as very funny for some reason as even with teamwork it was very one sided (and let me put a stress on one). I guess there is a point to all of this... even if you work as a team one guy with exceptional skills can easily over power your team in this game (especially if he's working with his team wether they trully are helpful or not). Remember that. This is one of the trully depressing aspects of the game...

Seph Out.
    Last edited by SephirothValentine; 06-01-2005, 03:28 PM.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Re: This is interesting... it does have a point!

this is the post ive been wanting to make for a while but ive been afraid of getting yelled at by all the meanys.=( if you want an example of this happening on a tg server i normaly kill a whole team once a week or so and ill get some screenie next time it happens so you can see just how deppresing it really is.
    frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Originally posted by Cerevox
      this is the post ive been wanting to make for a while but ive been afraid of getting yelled at by all the meanys.=( if you want an example of this happening on a tg server i normaly kill a whole team once a week or so and ill get some screenie next time it happens so you can see just how deppresing it really is.
      You got to speak out about this... Everyone knows this is true but is to afraid or to lazy to admit it (by fear I mean just won't accept it). This actually makes me wonder why you guys don't play AAO more...

Seph Out.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

Comment

So what is it about CSS that drives your love and passion for the game?

What, despite this undesirable, keeps you in the game night after night?
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Oh to make a quick note. I am not trying to boast as really what is the point of it when you already have proven yourself. I am more in the process of showing you one of the many kinks in the gameplay that sometimes makes it hard for PCS unfortunatly.

Seph Out.

Comment

im gonna blame soul deep addicition to video games and css just happens to be the best of the lot. or hitboxes. i get to blame everything else on hitboxes so why not this.
            frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              So what is it about CSS that drives your love and passion for the game?

What, despite this undesirable, keeps you in the game night after night?
              ... I have no idea... That's like asking how existence was created.

Seph Out.

Comment

No, it's not.

I play NS because what you've highlighted in this thread doesn't happen.

I play NS because teamplay DOES dictate, to a HUGE degree, who wins and who doesn't.

I play NS because it has a tech tree on both teams.

I play NS because I can UNDERSTAND the person on voicecomms using the 21st century codec.

I play NS because, after 30 months of playing the game virtually every single day, I'm still LEARNING it.

I play NS because it's marinated in suspense.

I play NS because T_BEAR plays it.

---

I want to hear WHY you play the game. You've given something about it you don't like. I'm curious to know what you DO like about it.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

No, it's not.

I play NS because what you've highlighted in this thread doesn't happen.

I play NS because teamplay DOES dictate, to a HUGE degree, who wins and who doesn't.

I play NS because it has a tech tree on both teams.

I play NS because I can UNDERSTAND the person on voicecomms using the 21st century codec.

I play NS because, after 30 months of playing the game virtually every single day, I'm still LEARNING it.

I play NS because it's marinated in suspense.

I play NS because T_BEAR plays it.

---

I want to hear WHY you play the game. You've given something about it you don't like. I'm curious to know what you DO like about it.
                  Oh... I just play to kill time while being entertained. I still like my mumbo jumbo above though :P It makes me feel special :D

Seph Out.

Comment

You are special.

Comment

You are special.
                      Thx you.

Now back to the point of the matter! What do you all think of this? And I guess the new question is even though this occurs frequently why do you play it still?

Seph Out.

Comment

i play cs for that moment when everything just clicks together. ive killed the entire enemy team like 4 times now and whenever that happens its a click. i just know where to move and what to do and how to do it in just the right way. adreniline high, getting a buzz of video games, whatever its called, thats the main reason i play. when a team works in perfect unison like a well built and tuned machine, thats a click. you call out an enemy postion, a sniper nails him, you get a guy rushing the sniper, and your buddy covers your back. tis that momemt of everything coming together and working perfectly.

Comment

Me?

I play it for the teamplay. I play it infrequently because TG offers so many preferable alternatives which more richly satisfy my need for teamplay.

I used to play it quite avidly, when I was more ignorant of the available alternatives. I'm convinced many (not all, to be clear) CSS players have simply yet to discover better games. They play CSS because they lack the big picture which allows one to see how basic and disappointing CSS is when compared to the available alternatives.

PCS provides the very best CSS has to offer. The disappointing truth is that CSS simply doesn't have much to offer in comparison to it's competitors in today's FPS market. PCS deserves better. It always has.

Comment

What do I think of all this?

I think it's just a way for you to pat yourself on the back and talk about how great you are and how great your scores are.

I find it crass and self glorifying, neither of which have anything to do with team orientation or team focused gameplay.
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

How is it that you survived while your whole team died?

The point of PCS is be a team player, That means you should be right there with your teammates, if they get ambushed then be in the ambush with them. If they go steam rolled, then be there with them.

I can see two possibilities here.
                              1. you stayed out of sight while the rest of your team fought.
                              2. You ran from confrontation to survive while your team died.

What you should be doing is telling your teammates a plan that keeps them undercover until the right time to strike on defense.

I agree with apophis.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...