Ritalin Soldiers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ritalin Soldiers

Man! This just seems like an everday thing now. I play at night, then get so fed up with what I see that I feel the need to post it here the next day.

Here's something I'm seeing more and more lately that has no place on our servers: Knifing. I understand the need to pull out your knife when both your primary and secondary weapons are empty and I know that some people are better at close range with a knife than a pistol, but I saw two different players have the drop on an opponent only to loose the battle 'cause they wanted to go for the knife kill. This is inappropriate. In both cases I have no doubt that the attacker would have won had they used a firearm. The team win is much more important than your "humiliation" kill.

Also, what is the major problem with waiting quietly? Whenever I'm on the attacking team and someone calls a plan that requires waiting some people feel the need to shoot at everything in site. Except in the case of a rusher, I don't see a need for any attacker to fire a shot in their spawn. We're not here to kill chairs. The whole point of waiting is to make the defending team get antsy, if they can hear us firing from spawn then they know where we are. Same point can be made for the defending team. As soon as the round starts, some people feel the need to destroy everything in sight while waiting for the attacking team to get there. How are your teammates supposed to know the difference between your antics and a full on rush?

So all of this makes me wonder: What's the avg age of a TG member?
    5 to 13
    0.00%
    14 to 17
    21.05%
    18 to 21
    12.28%
    22 to 28
    29.82%
    29 to 35
    31.58%
    36 or older
    5.26%

The poll is expired.

Re: Ritalin Soldiers

Originally posted by Buck Fush
    So all of this makes me wonder: What's the avg age of a TG member?
    lol.

Answer: Much higher than the avg age of a TG PCS player.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I know what you mean. I was playing last night on pensock and someone not sure who it was kept breacking all the boxes at B. I dont know why they were doing it (whether it was for the good or not) but I couldnt hear if the ts were making any footsteps near my way.

Im 15
      |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

22 on friday

back when i was a frag monkey and in a clan...I was number one in knife kills on our clan server...maybe its an intinct still left over from that...still..unless im out of ammo i do try not to go for it....that knife unsheathing is a very loud sound....

Comment

Seen a bunch of this lately, which suggests that, yes, the average age is skewing younger. Or not age, but rather, maturity (two diffferent things, methinks). Age kind of solves itself, maturity does not.

A knifing is humiliating, no doubt, but it may be necessary (i.e., you are too close to get a shot off, want stealth, etc.). But holstering a firearm to get a knife kill is immature, and does nothing for the team. If you knife one guy only to get nailed by his buddy with the M4, going for the knife kill wasn't too smart now was it?

And yes, people do have a hard time slowing the game down. Say you want to wait until the 4.0 mark in the spawn and all sorts of behavior will manifest itself, including breaking boxes, shooting random objects, walking around, bunny hopping, and creating human ladders. All of which speaks of immaturity.

Me? I go to my mark, kneel, and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
            Roger that, IMHO its the best thing you can do for your team as long as you call out enemies before you die
            |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

i admit, a lot of times when told to wait for multiple minutes as attacker i practice bunny hopping but i do it far enough back the defending team can't possibly hear and i keep an eye out for rushers while im bunny hopping. when im on the def team i am 'teh block stone man' cause if your on attacker, you safe in your spawn, but if your the defender, an enemy could be creeping up on you at any moment with a silenced gun. and the knifing, i recal a time about 2 days ago when i was behind a t and shooting with my deagle. didn't kill him but looking back i realized that had i knifed instead of trying to shoot him i would have had him. its that kind of moment that makes people go for the knife kill more often.
              frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

I always tell my team to watch their entrances. If you get killed by a rusher, I don't want to hear any whining.

Comment

I'm 16.

As for waiting quietly, you'd have to take that up with people who are more impatient than a humming bird on crack.

Comment

Buck, u just havent learned the power of the knife. I only knife when i have a 98% sucess rate, so i have the same odds of killing them with a knife as i do with a gun.
                    E-[h4x] TG CS:S Tourny Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J3wishN1nja
                      Buck, u just havent learned the power of the knife. I only knife when i have a 98% sucess rate, so i have the same odds of killing them with a knife as i do with a gun.
                      Not to brag or anything..... :icon16:

Comment

Not to brag or anything..... :icon16:

what do you expect? im a ninja
                        E-[h4x] TG CS:S Tourny Champs

Comment

When we're sitting in spawn planning I like to be at least in a defensive position, just in case someone does rush. If we aren't I get itchy and that gets to be a problem but I'm working on it.

Personaly I like knifing. I'm a big fan of stealth games and it's fun to see if you can get in close enough to get a knife kill. I've never really thought of it as a humiliation kill though, it's funny sometimes but it's mostly just a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Arf
                            I've never really thought of it as a humiliation kill though, it's funny sometimes but it's mostly just a challenge.
                            And I understand all of that, but you also need to take the team's best interests into account. If you die when you could have very well lived, you've cost your team a 2 person advantage. In any given situation, if you have a choice between a loaded M4 and a knife, your M4 is your best bet, I don't care who you are. (N1nja, if you want to argue this point, bring your knife to my gun fight and I'll prove it to you.) I'm not saying that there's never any reason to use your knife, it just annoys me to see someone put away their rifle to go for the knife kill and loose the battle.

Comment

The knife is their for one reason and one reason only....fun.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X