Map selection on our server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map selection on our server

A bunch of us just skipped prodigy because we didn't feel it was very good for PCS. Chateau has previously been commented on as being rubbish for PCS.

Harvest on the other hand seems excellent for PCS play. I've not seen the word boundaries havng to be used on it, and the CT's have 2 options. Work as a team, or fail.

Do we want any maps removed from rotation?

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Map selection on our server

Chateau is rubbish for PCS only because people don't play it PCS. They rush to A, plant the bomb, and that's it. They hope their firepower outlasts the superior position that the CTs have, as they spawn in the house.

You can take off your thunderboots, skulk around in the cellar, and successfully bomb A or B without rushing, it just takes time, patience, and a truckload of sneakiness.

Comment

chateauaeueauu:
      the fact that the Cts have to run there, and JUST BARELY beat the Ts...makes it just another dust, imo...its kinda fun and I dont have a problem with the map persay...its just "rubbish" for pcs...

Prodigy....havnt been a fan of since the tourny
      The terrorists are reduced to 2 choke points which can really only be taken by an en-force rush....which isnt bad, but it really doesnt limit the tactics....I dunno...not in favor of removing it...per say...i should have just said no comment

Judah

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
        They rush to A, plant the bomb, and that's it. They hope their firepower outlasts the superior position that the CTs have, as they spawn in the house..
        If the plan ain't broke, don't fix it. It's a badly designed map, certainly from a PCS point of view.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

There is an interesting thing you can do: smoke the hall and climb on top of eachother under the vent, and hop in. Make your way to lab and plant, happy that you only need 2 in the vent and the rest watching one door.

FTR I hate chateau and prodigy, because good games are rare. Also, I vote we take dust2 off, or at least edit that version and host our own which doesnt lag so much.

Comment

I love Prodigy. I have never had a problem with it. I just hate Chateu though.

If I could remove any one map it would 100% certainly be Chateu.

Comment

go_nuke should be removed...it's too "laggy"

Comment

No, that map just sucks, and I would've mentioned it if I didn't think it wasn't on the servers... and I looked and didn't remember it being there....

I should check again, now..
                Last edited by AzzMan; 06-02-2005, 02:09 AM. Reason: I are's baded with spellings

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
                  go_nuke should be removed...it's too "laggy"
                  Thanks for contributing to the discussion, but your comment is way off topic. We're discussing maps and their PCS value.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                    There is an interesting thing you can do: smoke the hall and climb on top of eachother under the vent, and hop in. Make your way to lab and plant, happy that you only need 2 in the vent and the rest watching one door.
                    I've never seen this done, but it sounds like it violates our "one man boost" rule...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ditch prodigy and chateau!

Comment

Iíd like to nominate Contra for removal and not just because I really hate that map.

The T side is great for PCS, there are just so many things you can do. You can attack either bomb site with the entire T team and then (especially easily from A) jump into the sewers, run underneath the reinforcing CTs and plant at the abandoned site. If you attack B from the 2 front entrances and the sewer you can bounce in flashes without exposing anyone on your team and blind the entire site (you can probably just throw a flash up the well at B and get the essentials). Of course that almost never happens on Contra because the CT side is sucked near dry of any strategy. It's easier just to blitz a site because it's harder to coordinate a multi-pronged assault then it is to get everyone moving in the same direction and thus less likely to fail. It works so well because of the way the CT side is designed and how itís played on PCS.

On the CT side there are 3 direct entrances to both bombsites and then routes from the middle. So if you're playing the CTs with a team of 6 who are staying strictly to the sites you only have one man for every entrance but the middle is still wide open giving both sites a vulnerable rear flank. If you put anyone in the middle you leave at least one site with 2 men defending 3 entrances and a single vulnerable player in the middle. The effect is pockets of CTs. The end result is the entire T team attacking fractions of the CT team until they win by attrition. The map turns into a demented little Vietnam but the CTs who get Americaís role donít get overwhelming fire power so theyíre stuck in reactionary mode. What I mean by that is when you can only spare 2 people to defend a location a one man feint has a fair chance of capturing that site. The CTs, regardless of whether they know itís a feint or not, have to reinforce that site so the Ts canít fall back and plant there. After an initial fight itís just a matter of rinse and repeat.

I feel the CTs simply canít enforce enough control of the map for them to be tactical. Their plan will always be dictated by whatever they can discern of the Ts, after deciding who they want to go where their strategy time is over.

I also donít like Contra from a non-PCS view so I might just be jaded to the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          I've never seen this done, but it sounds like it violates our "one man boost" rule...
                          There's a one man boost rule... That's new to me and I thought I read all the rules oh well now I know (not that I actually boost ever).

I hate Chateu but love Prodigy. In a PCS view though Prodigy is a mute even Chateu is better but not by much. There are better maps so why use them? We can always add them back if we don't like it.

Seph Out.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                          - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

im always yelling at folks to try the vent in prodigy. you only need one guy for the boost so it works. you only need like an extra 2 cm to reach that vent ladder. but ya, prodigy is 'rubbish' for pcs cause your only option is rush. the vent thing never works cause when you smoke long hall the ct randomly fire into it and kill the vent folks. and how about instead of removing more, we add crook country to the rotation. thats a great awesome super good nice map.
                            frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

I think crook county is the shizzle.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse