Map selection on our server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Map selection on our server

Prodigy used to be one of my favorite maps.. Now, I hate it. The Ts have 2 choices, and they both suck. I would not be sad to see it go.

Harvest looks good so far. Very spread out.. But it's very sniperish.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'm not to keen on Harvest.......it seems half the team get snipers, which wouldnt really happen in real life..... Usually there is one sniper and the rest with close combat weapons.

I would like to see harvest played with a 1 sniper per team rule.......now that would be interesting.

Dunk.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
        I've never seen this done, but it sounds like it violates our "one man boost" rule...
        How? 1 man standing is enough to boost you in :P

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
          How? 1 man standing is enough to boost you in :P
          Really? Like I said, I've never seen it done, and I thought it would take more than one man...

Do you do it from the ground? Or is it done from a crate?
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I also dislike how Prodigy plays. 2 choke points, same fights over and over.

I disagree on Contra though. It rocks. Yeah, it is hard on the CT's, but it practices a lot of CT skills not emphasised on other maps (intel gathering, retreat, reform, counter attack). Lots of ways for the CT's reinforcing a side to come from the back of the T's without haveing to go too far. etc.

Funny, both those opinions were HEAVILY influenced by the last tourney... ;)

Comment

If you ever see me get a knife kill, it means I've just blown through an entire mag of machine gun and pistol ammo. And anyone who plays NS knows that it's not worthwhile to attempt a reload when engaging skulks: you draw that knife and go to town.

In CS, there are instances where you could probably reload, but it's by situation.

Comment

i would like chateau to remain because it is a good "ct friendly" map for PCS starters and a good advanced map for advanced PCS terrorists.

Comment

ya, i really dont like Prodigy because it only has 2 options to go for the bombsite. 1 is to die in the sniping hall or hope that you threw enough smokes to get some guys into the vents. you dont really have a chance of getting to the end of the long hall. option 2 is to try for the guard house but the passagway is too narrow and there are plenty of places for the ct's to camp and wait with their crosshairs fixed on the doorway. As for Chateu, as you all said, its just another dust with the big rush to A and then fend off the ct's in the windows.

Comment

I agree with blackdeath. IMHO cheateau is borderline de_dust. Prodigy is not counter-PCS but it's just boring and limiting.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      Really? Like I said, I've never seen it done, and I thought it would take more than one man...

Do you do it from the ground? Or is it done from a crate?
                      We once sent a man up with a para down by half our team. He took out half their team and met us before dieing. You just stand under the vent, and someone else equips their knife so that they jump higher. Jump on one at a time and jump at the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
                        I agree with blackdeath. IMHO cheateau is borderline de_dust. Prodigy is not counter-PCS but it's just boring and limiting.
                        My exact feeling
                        |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

well, I agree, chateu dosent really stand well in a PCS map rotation. Prodigy does use our PCS play style a bit more, but as everyone says, you have one of two choices as a terrorist, and you end up in the same fire fights again and again. Although I HAVE seen some of the best teamwork and decoy moves ever pulled by an organized TG terrorist team. And i dont know if it seems like this to anyone else, but it bugs the hell outta me. We seem to be playing italy...a LOT! I am disgusted when i see nextmap: cs_italy. ALSO. and im sure many of you know im very opinionated on my maps, and you'll probably say that I'm just saying this because i don't like the map, but it is a legitimate reason. pcs_junglerescue...its a very detailed, and skillfully made map, but it has too many flaws from a PCS perspective. All it ever ends up doing is boiling down to kills, I have NEVER seen the hostages rescued, and this too comes with more of a reason than just because the terrorists die before they can be rescued. On two occaisions i have gotten all the hostages, and gotten to the lake area only to notice my hostages have ALL gotten stuck along the way on brush, hills, or the bridge between the huts. It is nearly impossible to try and retrieve the hostages when there is a terrorist in the area. You have to move slow and guide the hostages through the obstacles (tested while playing alone) I dont think its an option to attempt this with any terrorist still alive.

Comment

Prodigy is a shooting gallery. Very limited options if you're a T.

I have no problems really with Chateau; I've witnessed the execution of some pretty complicated plans on that map as a T.

I've always had a high opinion of Contra.

Dirt013
                            Dirt013

Comment

I've previously had a quick look round crookcounty and thought it would be good. Having just played my first came on there, I lasted 3 rounds before going spec. It's total deathmatch. The bomb sites are practically on top of each other. If they were spaced out, and all the windows could be shot out of, it might make for an interesting map. As it is though, boring.

Root
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I totally agree. Its big, but its TOO big, so some cant play it for lag. Also, while the bomb times being long is theoretically nice, it means that all the survivors have time to kill eachother, aka the bomb has LITTLE chance of even going off. Most of the map is also useless, since the bombsites are both right next to eachother. If we moved the sites and cut out half the map, it might work. But as is, no chance.

Very similar with Harvest. You have half the map a T will never see, and if they do its because they are abandoning the objective. And with all the snipering possibilities, everyone has to stay inside and camp the hosties. And because of the way its set up, the T HAS to be afk for the CT to rescue the hosties. The echo also doesnt help, and is a nice effect but unneeded.

Basically, both maps are nice and all, but they fail my personal test because map size and map limitations mean that the main objective will rarely if ever be completed. My idea, since people lag anyways, is that TG takes the maps and edits the hell out of them to make them more PCS, and then hosts those versions.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X