VAC protection on TG's CS servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAC protection on TG's CS servers

It seems that the TG Counter-Strike servers are not VAC Protected.

My understanding is that VAC2 has been released and is in use on many public servers. Please let me know if I'm wrong about this.

I'd like to believe that as well as being a haven from raging rushers and fools, TG servers are also anti-cheat.

Re: VAC protection on TG's CS servers

I don't think it has been publicly released yet. The servers that you see it enabled on... VAC2 doesn't work on those servers. Trust me, once VAC2 is officially released, the admins will put in on the server with no hesitation :)

Comment

The last I heard about this was that valve was testing connectivity issues with VAC and the servers with "VAC enabled" right now just found out about the hidden server settings to enable this testing. It does nothing to stop cheaters and the servers with it enabled are just spreading confusion. Unless something's changed in the last few weeks, Sniper is right: VAC is not truly enabled on any servers right now. I'm sure if things did change we'd all hear about it from a big public announcement by Valve.

To be honest I can't believe they are this late with VAC.

Comment

I heard the same thing from a conversation with a admin on a nother server, that it really is not out yet . . .

Comment

wether it is out or not, i dont think that we really need it on our servers. we dont get that many hackers (i havent run into any) on the servers and when they do hack, its easy to tell.

Comment

We need it. We will have it.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy

To be honest I can't believe they are this late with VAC.
              amen.

WTH is Valve doing? Making more maps instead of releasing VAC2!?

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                amen.

WTH is Valve doing? Making more maps instead of releasing VAC2!?
                No, they are working on their tans and/or Day of Defeat Source. ;)

Comment

Good to hear. Hope we get it soon. We do need it. Even if its a stop-gap.

I hope that Valve has a team dedicated to vac. However, I'm sure that VAC has always been more "lip service" than an actual concern about cheaters. Its simple economics.

The Cheating does nothing to hurt Valve revenues in the least. From a game makers stand point, it may actually give them an additional market. The "twisted kids that must cheat" market is large these days. Valve can't hate cheating because it helps give the game a much desired logevity factor. This might not be their favorite way to go, but it cant be denied.

Any VAC team member can log into a forum, dl the latest cheats and have their team reverse engineer them. It just doesn't seem profitable to block them right away.

Hacks, their creation, their dedicated forums, their user setups and tweaking, gadgets, scripts and interfaces all help in keeping young deviant minds busy with Valve software for hours if not months.

The occasional VAC update renders the great masses of cheats unusable. Soon a new generation of cheats emerges and now you have a new toy. You are among the elite few once again. Your faith in your CS ownage has been ressurected. Valve has you for another several months.

These are among the very things that give longevity to a game such as CS. Why would valve prevent that when longevity is a key element in what game designers strive for.

VAC updates please both sides of the coin. I play for a couple months right after a VAC update untill the cheats get so out of control that I can't stand it and I move to another game. Soon, VAC will update again, I'll be back, the cheaters will be working on their newest toys, everyone is happy. Including Valve.

Valve knows they can't stop it. They will of course play along and try. But, it would not make good business sense to get too serious about stopping the cheating.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X