CS-DE map?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS-DE map?

I've found a map that *claims* to be both a CS and a DE map. I'll add it to the server when I get a chance. You'll know when it's been added, because you all read the required reading forums, and regularly check for any changes.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: CS-DE map?

I always liked the csde_maps. But I think it should only be put on server 2 if possible. It's very easy for the objectives to be ignored when both teams go on offense.

It makes for some very interesting games, though, as sometimes you have both teams going full offensive, sometimes both go full defensive (and the suspense is awesome) and, of course, it's always interesting when the plan changes after initial contact... The tactical possibilities are enormous. I was a big fan of csde_tropic for the old CS.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Root
      You'll know when it's been added, because you all read the required reading forums, and regularly check for any changes.
      Of coooourse... :) <---(uneasy)

Comment

Sounds pretty interesting. I'd agree with Cing to keep it to server 2.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

I can't prevent it being available on server 1, however both servers can have their own map rotations should this map get that far.

We'll just have to ask supporting members not to run it on server 1.

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

sounds fun. from what ive heard, if the t and ct go offensive then the t's plant the bomb at around the same time as the ct's get the hostages and then the ct's get to the bomb with the hostages and try to defuse and it usually blows everyone up. from what ive heard, it can go either way, which is the suspense cing was talking about.

Comment

So what decides how the round ends? Is 1 objective being finished enough, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                So what decides how the round ends? Is 1 objective being finished enough, or what?
                I guess we'll find out when I get the map onto the server :icon12:

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Having never played the original Counter Strike, I wasn't even aware such a map existed.

Sounds interesting.

Dirt013
                  Dirt013

Comment

Wow that is a pretty cool idea
                    It will be interesting to see how it plays out
                    You guys gotta let us know how you like it so we know whether or not to put it on our server :D

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                      That's how they were set up. If all of the hostages were rescued, OR if the bomb exploded, the round was over.

If time ran out, the CTs won, I believe. That was kind of lame, but I guess there's no way around it.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

What if the hosties were rescued while the bomb was ticking?

Comment

I remember csde_tropic! That was a great map if played with a good group of people. As Cingular said, they can get very hectic if the objectives are ignored. There is a lot to worry about on those types of maps. You can be halfway through trying to rescue the hostages and half to abandon because the defensive half of your team just got slaughtered and the bomb is being planted at your spawn..

Fun stuff..
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Well the map is on. Just a reminder - we have a 20 second freezetime on our server, but view has a 30 second freezetime. We can change all sorts of settings on a per map basis, so if you guys think we need a longer round timer to avoid this map turning into deathmatch, speak up!

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

sounds like you would need a more man power on both teams to make this map really work like twenty for the server or something sow you would have a enough ppl todo both if most

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X