It's pretty disappointing (part 2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's pretty disappointing (part 2)

I've spent some time smurfing on server 1 today, and I'm not impressed.

We require teamwork and communication on our servers. We require teams to play to their objective. I rarely see any evidence of this on our servers unless I'm playing under the name root, and even then not nearly often enough.

I am sick and tired of the bomber running off alone, the bomber leading the team instead of waiting for the team to get in the way of bullets, the team *allowing* the bomber to take the lead, the bomber dumping the bomb because they want to rack up more kills with their scout, the freeze time running out and still no plan, my team mates getting me killed by making noise when I'm trying to sneak up on a target, with players telling admins what action to take, with players trying to tell admins what PCS is and isn't.

I've had enough of team mates getting in my LOF because they want more kills, and ducking under my rifle would hamper their chances, with players repeatedly hanging to the back of the team, letting them die trying to complete the objective, and then sitting back and picking off kill after kill. I see too many people looking after their kill / death ratio, when they should be helping their team. Most of my TK's come about because the team mates I kill don't communicate their location. We don't restrict teams from using the same plan round after round if it works, but repeated deathmatch rounds that fail really bug the hell out of me. Is a little creativity too much to ask?

Those of you who wish to continue playing on the TG servers are to read the SOP forum posts, and start acting like you've read and understood them. Those who *ask* for help in understanding what is required will receive it, AS LONG AS THEY SHOW A WILLINGNESS TO LEARN.

It seems to me that the only people who took any notice of Apophis' post of a similar title, are those who understand what is required here, and who aspire to be as good at PCS as they can be. In short, the exact people the post was *not* aimed at.

Non PCS players on our servers should expect little in the way of tolerance.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: It's pretty disappointing (part 2)

Im gonna open my mouth on this and hope i don't shove my foot in it.
    -First the kill/death ratio. ok, when you say folks are looking after the ratio and not helping the team, are they actually hunting or are they just very good at killing and while travelling with the team and supporting thier team mates get all the kills. Often times people won't distinguish between the two, espicaly with folks like me who let everyone know they are killing a lot, but i don't check the kill numbers until the round is over and then its just a point of personal pride. It dosen't affect how i play at all. and in a lot of circunstanses i keep getting the impression that kills are a bad thing and we shouldn't even kill the other team. I know thats not what you meant but thats the impression i keep getting.

When you talk about the bomber-team interations its porlbaly because of the high number of publick folk. Ok, lets say its seph and me. ive got an ak, seph has a scout and the bomb. It makes far more sence that seph give the bomb to me so he can cover me as i plant because he would be far better at covering me than i would be at covering him.
    A lot of times folks will just say "ive got a scout" and dump the bomb but if its people who are known and have certain well defined talents, wouldn't it make sence to move the bomb to the person with the best chance of planting it and free up the best shooters to protect the bomb? Now im not saying this is normaly the case.
    What normaly happens is what you have described with the bomb getting dumped in favor of kills but are there some situations or team setups where giving the bomb to someone else should happen?
    Im going to stop now before i sink my foot any deeper in.
    frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Gave negative rep.

Didn't read it.

Attempt grammar and spelling.

Nothing personal.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

if you actually read it i only mispell like 2 words and its all gramitacly corrcet, i just don't captialize or split my sections with a space. ok, its been edited a bit to make it more readable.
        frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Originally posted by Cerevox
          When you talk about the bomber-team interations its porlbaly because of the high number of publick folk.
          Do you really think I would have made the original post if guests were to blame?

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

no, i was just kinda trying to shove fault off on someone else who i don't know and no one will ever bother to locate. ive got no idea what the css servers are like though. become addicted to wow so if my comments don't apply just ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerevox
              if you actually read it i only mispell like 2 words and its all gramitacly corrcet, i just don't captialize or split my sections with a space. ok, its been edited a bit to make it more readable.
              More negative rep for lying.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

sweet, soon my bubble shall be red!! i have no idea how much i mispelled but it didn't seem like that much and i tend to exaggerate a bit. so it wasn't a lie lie. more like a misguided exageration. and beside changing the color of the bubble does rep do anything?

Comment

Negative rep raises the interest rate on the first mortgage you ever get.

And it hurts your credit rating with Sears.

Comment

Should I feel bad? I don't think I should because I think I've been working with my team and obeying the rules as required. If I'm a terrorist I'll die defending the bomb before anything else and if I'm a Counter-Terrorist I'll die trying to defend the bomb site(s) or defuse it.

Dang it, Root, now you've gone and made me question my ability to assist my team. Not a bad thing, but it does make me feel bad. Now I'm going to try even harder to keep teamwork going.

Comment

I completely understand where Root is coming from, and Im sure he is talking about the regulars, like me. When I log in to our servers, I am ready for some good teamplay, and when it degenerates into a fragfest, and I get tired of spamming "Welcome to our tactical server, teamwork and communication are a requirement" I sort of clam up, and just do my own thing, trying to support the plant, or cover the sites best I can.

The very best games are when we have a plan...plain and simple. As I have said before, Ghost, Beth, Rivers, Dirt, and myself have had some awesome games before, because we seem to feed off of each other when planning and then executing that plan.

As I said, I am probably as guilty as anyone at times, and will make a concerted effort to foster more teamwork and communication when I am on.
                      If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                      with any questions or concerns.
                      |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Cower
                        Dang it, Root, now you've gone and made me question my ability to assist my team. Now I'm going to try even harder to keep teamwork going.
                        Then regardless of whether or not you are one of the people I'm talking about, the standard of play on our servers can only benefit from you doing this.

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by ouija
                          I completely understand where Root is coming from, and Im sure he is talking about the regulars, like me. When I log in to our servers, I am ready for some good teamplay, and when it degenerates into a fragfest, and I get tired of spamming "Welcome to our tactical server, teamwork and communication are a requirement" I sort of clam up, and just do my own thing, trying to support the plant, or cover the sites best I can.

The very best games are when we have a plan...plain and simple. As I have said before, Ghost, Beth, Rivers, Dirt, and myself have had some awesome games before, because we seem to feed off of each other when planning and then executing that plan.

As I said, I am probably as guilty as anyone at times, and will make a concerted effort to foster more teamwork and communication when I am on.
                          Y'know, that's exactly how I am... I'll try a few times to get things going, but if the rest of my team is uninterested in teamplay, I'll end up just kind of tagging along, doing my own thing to try to help the team. What else can you do? (Well, I can start kicking people, but I don't like to do that when I'm already in a bad mood...)
                          It bothers me because everyone else seems to be enjoying themselves. I guess I just can't get into deathmatch... Time to quit CS for good, perhaps. Fortunately BF2 is out now!
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            Y'know, that's exactly how I am... I'll try a few times to get things going, but if the rest of my team is uninterested in teamplay, I'll end up just kind of tagging along, doing my own thing to try to help the team. What else can you do? (Well, I can start kicking people, but I don't like to do that when I'm already in a bad mood...)
                            It bothers me because everyone else seems to be enjoying themselves. I guess I just can't get into deathmatch... Time to quit CS for good, perhaps. Fortunately BF2 is out now!
                            ditto, ditto... although I'll stay with CS... I think playing it in the different play environments is a great way to stay sharp at the game... I'll plan, tag or just play follow the leader with the bomber.... as a defender if I call for help and get none.. I usually check my mic with the team on the next round.... :icon20:

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                              I've spent some time smurfing on server 1 today, and I'm not impressed.
                              I never was. Server 1 is just as bad a a public server IMNSHO. We have a bunch of regulars always shouting PCS this, and PCS that, but frankly, I've never seen pure PCS play on Server 1.

We require teamwork and communication on our servers. We require teams to play to their objective. I rarely see any evidence of this on our servers unless I'm playing under the name root, and even then not nearly often enough.
                              I disagree. I've been party to several good PCS matches on Server 2. Too bad you weren't around to witness them.

I am sick and tired of the bomber running off alone, the bomber leading the team instead of waiting for the team to get in the way of bullets, the team *allowing* the bomber to take the lead, the bomber dumping the bomb because they want to rack up more kills with their scout, the freeze time running out and still no plan, my team mates getting me killed by making noise when I'm trying to sneak up on a target, with players telling admins what action to take, with players trying to tell admins what PCS is and isn't.
                              I can't tell you how many times I've seen this, and I concurr. It's not only annoying, it's moronic. Particularly the thunderboots.

But this gets back to my former statement: noone actually WANTS to play PCS. They give it lip service because they are here, but they don't want to learn, and they don't want to help their team achieve their objective. They want a kill.

As such, they constantly try to convince everyone that that little trip through CT/T spawn was part of a plan, or something. Or that dropping the bomb was necessary.

I'd support permabans on anyone that tries to pull that crap.

I've had enough of team mates getting in my LOF because they want more kills, and ducking under my rifle would hamper their chances, with players repeatedly hanging to the back of the team, letting them die trying to complete the objective, and then sitting back and picking off kill after kill.
                              Roger that. I can't tell you how many times I've started firing, only to have to stop because someone STEPS IN FRONT OF ME, to try to get the kill. What happens then is that moron dies, and I'm weapon down so I don't shoot my teammate. Therefore, we both die.

I see too many people looking after their kill / death ratio, when they should be helping their team. Most of my TK's come about because the team mates I kill don't communicate their location. We don't restrict teams from using the same plan round after round if it works, but repeated deathmatch rounds that fail really bug the hell out of me. Is a little creativity too much to ask?
                              Apparently yes. *shrugs* you don't have much to work with. We aren't talking a game that allows deep strategy, and frankly, it doesn't really attract many people that can really sting a coherent sentence together. The best you can hope for, tactically, is "I go here, you go there, don't make any noise...."

The people that play TCS (as dMw call it) or PCS are trying to impose maturity and fair play on a game which is a deathmatch fest. It takes education, maturity, patience, and yes, creativity. All of which are lacking on server 1.

Those of you who wish to continue playing on the TG servers are to read the SOP forum posts, and start acting like you've read and understood them. Those who *ask* for help in understanding what is required will receive it, AS LONG AS THEY SHOW A WILLINGNESS TO LEARN.
                              This should be bolded, underlined, and generally set in neon. The thing is, lot of people say they read the SOPs, and say they understand it, and don't PRACTICE it. Not to single him out, but Cerevox is an example. But he is just ONE example. I can rattle of 4 or 5 more names, but there is no sense calling them out, and Cerevox already stuck his head up. :D

It seems to me that the only people who took any notice of Apophis' post of a similar title, are those who understand what is required here, and who aspire to be as good at PCS as they can be. In short, the exact people the post was *not* aimed at.
                              What happened to that post? I thought it was STICKY, but it seems to be out of the first page...or maybe I need glasses.

Non PCS players on our servers should expect little in the way of tolerance.
                              Root
                              Root, I luv ya, but you've been threatening that for weeks. Time to put teeth to the threat, methinks. Start banning people until they get the message.

The fact is, the Tourney really showed what CS:S can be, but isn't on a daily basis. I can't see any reason why we shouldn't uphold the same standards simply because we aren't in a Tournament. We should be playing that way EVERY DAY.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X