The server (1)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The server (1)

Ok, usually i have a ping around 150-200 but today it was over 400 pretty much all the time. Has something changed, new server or update or whatever?
    If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Re: The server (1)

Originally posted by Iamevil
    Ok, usually i have a ping around 150-200 but today it was over 400 pretty much all the time. Has something changed, new server or update or whatever?
    No new updates.

Did you contact via PM, AOL, ICQ, YIM, Xfire, page_admin, @chat (in case I was smurfing) or email whilst the ping was high? ;)

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Nope, it seemed to affect only me and i thought it would be a waste of admins time to call one just becuase my ping sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamevil
        Nope, it seemed to affect only me and i thought it would be a waste of admins time to call one just becuase my ping sucked.
        If only you are suffering ping problems, that pretty much rules out the server being the cause. Give your ISP a call.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

well its only the Css server, BF2 is no problems, other non TG Css servers have no problems either.

In any case, was just wondering.

Comment

i dont have any ping problems on a t1 line but i know someone who has a ping of around 40 but then it jumps up to 200 for 5 min.

Comment

Originally posted by Root
              in case I was smurfing
              I've seen this more than once lately. I for one am annoyed by spying. Why do you feel the need to be sneaky?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush
                I've seen this more than once lately. I for one am annoyed by spying. Why do you feel the need to be sneaky?
                It's not spying. Period. Other admins smurf too. It's one of the methods we use to admin the server.

If you were to read posts like this one then you'd get an idea of what the need is. No one should be labouring under the illusion that the contents of that post are an exhaustive list of the issues. It's amazing how downright rude some people are when I smurf.

As with any method I use for admining the CS servers, Apophis appointed me, Apophis is aware of what goes on, and Apophis will tell me if I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing.

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

If you were to read posts like this one then you'd get an idea of what the need is. No one should be labouring under the illusion that the contents of that post are an exhaustive list of the issues. It's amazing how downright rude some people are when I smurf.
                  Did you mean to post another link, Root? That thread about map suggestions seems pretty benign.
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

As with any method I use for admining the CS servers, Apophis appointed me, Apophis is aware of what goes on, and Apophis will tell me if I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing.

Root
                    I doubt that. Apophis seems to be more "Thank god I gave that bag of cats to Root!"

Comment

Although written text is horrible at conveying sarcasm and, especially with me, attempt at wit, I didn't help the matter by forgetting my :P or equivalent. Sorry, didn't mean to cause a flame.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush
                        Although written text is horrible at conveying sarcasm and, especially with me, attempt at wit, I didn't help the matter by forgetting my :P or equivalent. Sorry, didn't mean to cause a flame.
                        It's a good question, though... And the fact is that some people behave differently on our servers when they don't think an admin is among them. Most people know that IceCold is me, and I've also used HawaiianTropic (with a great spray to go along with the name! She was purty...). I've used a few others, as well. It may bother players with a guilty conscience, but, well, they'll get over it... :icon_cool
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X