Why CS:S will not be replaced by NS or BF2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why CS:S will not be replaced by NS or BF2

I hear many people complain about CS. They praise and love and choose games like BF2 and NS. I too love these games, yet I still come back here, to CS. Here is why.

All 3 are team oriented games. All 3 require teamwork to the fullest extent. All 3 require communication, objective orientation, and skill. But 2 of them REQUIRE everyone to win. In NS, if you are the last marine alive, you lose. In BF2 if you are against a tank by yourself, you lose. In both games, if you are pushed back completely to your base, you lose. CS:S is not among those 2. If your entire team minus you die, and you have the spawn pistol, you CAN win. If you are ambushed by 5 CT's around the corner, you can still win. If your team wants to, it can send one man squads. It can send ONE guy to do something, and he can do that something.

All 3 games empower the team through teamwork, but only CS:S adds the ability of 1 person. Only CS:S has the element of individual skill. While a team in BF2 and NS is a well oiled machine of dependant parts, CS:S is more like a body of cooperating cells, a group of individuals, not just a group. And while to some this may drive them away, to me it compels me to stay. Because of the ability of one person on his own to make a difference beyond inspiring others, to make a MAJOR difference on his own, I stay.

I don't really know why I wrote this, but all I have to say is that I will always choose the game where there is always a chance, over the games where its over before its over.

Re: Why CS:S will not be replaced by NS or BF2

One of TG's most powerful offerings is the gameplay variety it offers its members. All answer to the same style, but each is its own unique beast.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
      Only CS:S has the element of individual skill.
      I totally agree with your point. The other games are influenced by individual skill, but not as much as counterstrike.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
        I totally agree with your point. The other games are influenced by individual skill, but not as much as counterstrike.
        Unfortunately, this also means that there will never be an end to the smacktards, all typing statsme and rank 2 kills after joining the server for the first time.....

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

... which is why I'll never appreciate CS more. :) I hate knowing that I out-thought my opponent but ended up buying the farm because he can twitch faster than I can.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
            ... which is why I'll never appreciate CS more. :) I hate knowing that I out-thought my opponent but ended up buying the farm because he can twitch faster than I can.
            True True.... I know what you mean. It gets frustrating sometimes! I'm just lucky that I am skilled enough that I don't have to worry about that all the time.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
            - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

I totally agree with you Kark. I think you stated it rather eloquently. And I think it is one of the explenations for why some poeple love the game, and others dislike it.

Comment

Originally posted by SephirothValentine
                I'm just lucky that I am skilled enough that I don't have to worry about that all the time.
                Sep...does your elbow ever hurt from patting yourself on the back? Seriously, I understand you have skill in the game, others understand you do...but do you find it necessary to remind us all every post?
                If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                with any questions or concerns.
                |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by ouija
                  Sep...does your elbow ever hurt from patting yourself on the back? Seriously, I understand you have skill in the game, others understand you do...but do you find it necessary to remind us all every post?
                  True, there is something vaguely homo-erotic about us all having to say "Oh Seph, you're the greatest!", but it gets him to shut up, so we should go with it. :icon_razz

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    but it gets him to shut up, so we should go with it. :icon_razz
                    Don't feed the trolls. Just ignore them and give neg rep.

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

The difference between a CS and NS player:

The CS player takes great pride and joy from knowing that his singluar action saved the round when the rest of his team has fallen.

The NS player takes great pride and joy from seeing his team mold together as one against all odds and fight back the enemy team for the win.

I would rather say "We lost because we were just outmatched by better teamwork" a hundred times before I say "I won because I got a lucky heashot when spraying with my TMP" once.

The reason why NS/BF conflict with CS is because CS centers around the one. NS/BF center around the team.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                        The NS player takes great pride and joy from seeing his team mold together as one against all odds and fight back the enemy team for the win.
                        PCS players (as opposed to players who use a PCS server as their main place to play CS) have a similar mindset.

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                        I would rather say "We lost because we were just outmatched by better teamwork" a hundred times before I say "I won because I got a lucky heashot when spraying with my TMP" once.
                        Well said sir. :icon14:

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                          Don't feed the trolls. Just ignore them and give neg rep.

Root
                          Yeah, I know, its just fun to do on occassion. :icon_razz

Comment

Originally posted by SephirothValentine
                            I'm just lucky that I am skilled enough that I don't have to worry about that all the time.
                            WOW I have a question... How can you be lucky and skilled at the same time? And it doesnt matter about YOUR skills by YOURSELF because in the PCS rules that reminds me of what Apophis calls ME-PLAY, not teamplay.
                            |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Originally posted by SkidMark
                              WOW I have a question... How can you be lucky and skilled at the same time? And it doesnt matter about YOUR skills by YOURSELF because in the PCS rules that reminds me of what Apophis calls ME-PLAY, not teamplay.
                              Would it be better if he said "I'm lucky to have the talent"?

It DOES matter about his skills, and about everyone else's: that's the point. If Seph wants to toot his own horn about how well he can aim, so be it, more power to him. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't presume that because he's good and knows it that he somehow isn't a team player. Humilty is not a requirement.
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X