Late NIght Mayhem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late NIght Mayhem

ive noticed that after the time change more people have started playing at night during the week, well later at night atleast. one of the problems that we come across is the lack of authority on the server at these times. What i mean to say is that we get alot of new people come on to play which is great, however almost none of them read the motd play properly or really listen to anyone wearing a tag. When most of them come on we generally welcome them to the server and ask that they read the motd. Also explaining to them how we play, from what ive seen some listen, most dont. I enjoy playing later at night as do some due to their timezones. My problem is that while us at TG enjoy playing with rules set in place, playing against people that dont care about the rules, ruins the game and makes us want to quit. I hear higher ups at TG say they want to hear people take a stand and speak up so this is mine.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Re: Late NIght Mayhem

yea some new players can be a hassle and it becomes even more irritating when you cannot get a hold of an admin. Just remember to ALWAYS make note of their steam ids. Copy and paste them somewhere or write them down. Take the steam id and report it in the Contact an Admin forum. They may not be able to handle the matter that instant, but our admins take complaints very seriously and i cam guarantee you that the matter will be handled appropriately.

In the mean time all you can do is hang in there! Your patience will set the example to other TG members and will hopefully prevent every single player on the server from spamming messages informing an individual to read the MOTD.

Next time you have problems with a new player use Ultima's Guide to Surviving the Newbies:
    1. Make a note of the new player's steam id.
    2. Ask the individual to read the MOTD (only one person needs to do this.)
    3. If the player continues to ignore the rules, look for an admin in your friends list.
    4. If you can not immediately find an admin, promptly make a report in the Contact an Admin forum.
    5. The matter may not be resolved that second, but it will be. So do your best not to engage the person in a manner that will distract people from gameplay. In fact, do not engage the player at all. He/she should have had plenty of warnings. And the main reason that we would not like you to provoke the individual is because people tend to get rowdy. One person tries to make a point and everyone on the server begins to put their two cents in. Just try and enjoy your stay on the server and be patient for an admin will resolve the issue.

Remember, it may not seem like it, but the admins are always watching :D
    :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
    |
    |
    .\__\
    ...../

Comment

Also take a not of who the admins are, even the temp admins can get rid of an obnoxious pubbie in any way necessary.

List of known active admins:

Myself(Extinct)
      Orthos
      Suid
      Vulcan
      Bigeye101
      More admins...

I am also almost always online late nights, the times you are complaining about. All you have to do is message one of us and the problem can easily be resolved.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Another thing I`d like to add in junction with Nomad`s post is the possible addition of map voting to the server. I know at times I`ll be up with a few other TG regs at 12, 1, or even 2 in the morning and we`ll stumble across a map that`s just too big for the number of people we have on, or we simply don`t want to play whichever map we are on. Typically I like to send a message to an admin for a map vote, but on occasion no one is on or they are busy playing TF2, MW2, etc... and I don`t feel like bothering them for something that unimportant. Unfortunately, whenever this happens the server often dies quicker than a possum trying to cross the interstate which, for lack of a better word, sucks... This idea also applies when people are trying to get the server going in the afternoon. Not many people want to join AAA, Quincy, or Alps for a little 1v1 action...

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
          Another thing I`d like to add in junction with Nomad`s post is the possible addition of map voting to the server. I know at times I`ll be up with a few other TG regs at 12, 1, or even 2 in the morning and we`ll stumble across a map that`s just too big for the number of people we have on, or we simply don`t want to play whichever map we are on. Typically I like to send a message to an admin for a map vote, but on occasion no one is on or they are busy playing TF2, MW2, etc... and I don`t feel like bothering them for something that unimportant. Unfortunately, whenever this happens the server often dies quicker than a possum trying to cross the interstate which, for lack of a better word, sucks... This idea also applies when people are trying to get the server going in the afternoon. Not many people want to join AAA, Quincy, or Alps for a little 1v1 action...
          I dont see this happening at all. I am sure we will see map votes coming up every map. Play through them and hope the next one is a good one. Or bug extinct. He says he likes it when people spam him on steam for map votes. he will gladly join the server and toss up a vote. Keep in mind that i like to lie A LOT so that part about extinct more than likely isnt true :P

But play through them is the best i can say.
          :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
          |
          |
          .\__\
          ...../

Comment

If i'm online and on your friends list just ask for a map vote if the players want one. Might add in a late night map vote.

Also always report players who will not listen and follow rules via the CAA forum. Many admins will check that and be able to do something sooner than anything else. Many of us subscribe to the forum and receive an email when a post is made.

- -

Comment

A good way to deal with some of the newbies is to start communicating with them. Sometimes they just don't pay attention to chat and if you start asking them where they are or which they are going, they might catch on.

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post
                Also take a not of who the admins are, even the temp admins can get rid of an obnoxious pubbie in any way necessary.

Myself(Extinct)
                Orthos
                Suid
                Vulcan
                Bigeye101
                More admins...

I am also almost always online late nights, the times you are complaining about. All you have to do is message one of us and the problem can easily be resolved.
                Didn't even put my name on there, nice extinct. haha
                "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

i think what pepper is talking about is to give certain people that play regularly late at night the power to put up a vote at times like that not installing rtv or other things like that personaly i dont like things like rtv it ruins the game. But i do have to agree that when we are playing late at night say 3v3 and the map changes to something like spirits it makes people want to leave, dont get me wrong i like the map and most of the big maps but not for a low number of players. Im not sure if this can be done but mabye after a certain time the map rotation gets changed to smaller maps

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

there is an automap feature broly but it doesn't work properly. So I'll look around for some options during late hours.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post

Myself(Extinct)
                      Orthos
                      Suid
                      Vulcan
                      Bigeye101
                      More admins...
                      More like the list of known offenders! XD

Comment

I've mentioned it before, and I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Wyzcrak (the old TGNS admin) had a mod that skipped maps that were deemed too big for the number of players online. That way the rotation still stays in place, but it helps to alleviate some of these problems. Like I said, just an idea. He might not even be reachable these days :(.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Originally posted by aesop rock View Post
                          I've mentioned it before, and I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Wyzcrak (the old TGNS admin) had a mod that skipped maps that were deemed too big for the number of players online. That way the rotation still stays in place, but it helps to alleviate some of these problems. Like I said, just an idea. He might not even be reachable these days :(.
                          Since we've started discussing useful mods, Extinct mentioned an in-game map mod that allowed the captain to draw a plan visible to everyone else on the team using the minimap. I am interested in that mod.

Comment

The problem with mods is that they make the server less stable. I'd love to try some of them, though, the one Diplo mentioned sounds like a blast for captains matches.

Comment

I don't think that's a mod diplo. I believe that was an out of game application that allows players to all view an overhead for strategy. I forget the name of the application though.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X