Possible to Secure Server 1????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to Secure Server 1????

Any thoughts regarding passwording server 1 in order to stop the madness? It has become a very immature server and when you switch to server 2 almost noone shows up to play. Just a thought...

All I ask for is communication

Re: Possible to Secure Server 1????

Originally posted by givati1
    Any thoughts regarding passwording server 1 in order to stop the madness? It has become a very immature server and when you switch to server 2 almost noone shows up to play. Just a thought...
    And then noone will show up on server 1 either. We've talked about this several times, and the decision is that server 1 is for training and new to TG players, while server 2 is for matches and pure PCS play.

Server 1 players are required to play by PCS rules at all time, and if they are not, they will get kicked. PM an admin-noone is to use server 1 as their personal griefing server.

Comment

Originally posted by givati1
      I've been on a bunch of times recently and it's been ok... slight madness can occur...
      But I've had some good games on Harvest and some other house thing with a tunnel.. and Havana...

methinks if you password Server 1 that you'll have two empty servers to play on...

Comment

Originally posted by Dog
        methinks if you password Server 1 that you'll have two empty servers to play on...
        Makes sense since the reason 2 is usually empty is because pubbies don't know the password.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush
          Makes sense since the reason 2 is usually empty is because pubbies don't know the password.
          No, Server 2 is empty because pubbies don't know the password

AND

PCS players that do know it can't be bothered to take their game to server 2.

Yep, I went there. :icon16:

Comment

Server 1 needs to stay unprotected so we can attract new players to TG. If our intake of newbies doesn't keep up with our falling away of veterans then the CSS servers for TG will dwindle and die.

Occasionally when I get tired of messing with the newbs on server 1 I will announce/@say that server 2 is going to start up a certain map and that those with the password are welcome to switch. That has usually worked quite well when server 2 is empty and people are getting frustrated on server 1.

Ghost

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
              PCS players that do know it can't be bothered to take their game to server 2.
              What? Go to server 2? But but but I'll be expected to play to a higher standard of PCS and omgwtfnoobhaxbbq I don't actually give a toss about PCS I just use server 1 cuz its fun to hang out and root can't be there *all* the time.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                What? Go to server 2? But but but I'll be expected to play to a higher standard of PCS and omgwtfnoobhaxbbq I don't actually give a toss about PCS I just use server 1 cuz its fun to hang out and root can't be there *all* the time.

Root
                Somehow, the text just doesn't do justice to your sarcasm, Root! :icon_bigg

For me, I play on server 2 or not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Root

Root
                  +1 Sarcasm.

Server one is often full with server two empty. If you show up in server two empty, sometimes you only have to play with yourself for an hour before Root shows up for a chat. If you page_admin you might get enough of them to stop in for a 2v2. I find that if you promise your counter parts in server one a healthy offering of beer to jump ship to server two they sometimes comply. Most of the time they agree to head over to server two but don't. Leaving you alone with Root. Watching you. With his beady eyes. And flippers. And webbed feet. Watching you. Alone.

But hey, server two is sup3r hard core. It needs that supervision.
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                    If you page_admin you might get enough of them to stop in for a 2v2.
                    If you use page_admin in this fashion, expect harsh action from admins.

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

page_admin Kark is lonely. He demands you come visit him on server 2! >:-(

Comment

I always feel bad leaving sever 1 in the grasp of newbies that aren't doing anything WRONG but they just kinda do enough not to get warned/kicked that is where the madness happens (which seems to happen often on train). I've only abandoned server 1 two times but i always feel guilty, i would urge others that have temp admin to have the patience to TRY to stay and fix the madness for those players out there that like our server and arent yet registered, or to keep our server in a PCS play style.

Comment

Originally posted by Damage Inc.
                          I always feel bad leaving sever 1 in the grasp of newbies that aren't doing anything WRONG but they just kinda do enough not to get warned/kicked that is where the madness happens (which seems to happen often on train). I've only abandoned server 1 two times but i always feel guilty, i would urge others that have temp admin to have the patience to TRY to stay and fix the madness for those players out there that like our server and arent yet registered, or to keep our server in a PCS play style.
                          I have no problem with staying, what I DO have a problem with is not having the practice, I am sometimes not fast enough to stop rushers in time. Then I get flak from a TG member about not stopping the rushers. I have some other issues with "TG" tag wearers(mostly new tg'ers) but won't lay it out here. If I have that much of a problem, I will follow the appropriate channel.
                          *sigh* another month till AC:TOD :(

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonwolf72
                            I have no problem with staying, what I DO have a problem with is not having the practice, I am sometimes not fast enough to stop rushers in time. Then I get flak from a TG member about not stopping the rushers. I have some other issues with "TG" tag wearers(mostly new tg'ers) but won't lay it out here. If I have that much of a problem, I will follow the appropriate channel.
                            *sigh* another month till AC:TOD :(
                            On the issues with TG'ers, PM me with all the details.

To those who complain that you're not fast enough to stop a rusher

Tough luck. Admins and temp admins ARE NOT THERE TO WATCH YOUR SIX. Time and time again you have all been told NOT to treat any area of the map as "safe". When the freeze time ends the area IS hostile. Treat it as such or suffer the consequences of your actions.

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I hesitate to take action a bit too much I believe. When i see a new player to the server go on a defensive rush, i'll tell him to turn back, and warn the other team. I always just keep trying to tell him to turn back, then i'll see he killed 3 people and died. Should i be kicking him before he can do that? ugh...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X