New CS:S Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CS:S Update

It's horrible. I can't find one good thing to say about it. It's like DoD:Source now. Steam took everything about the way TG set up their CS:S server and crapped on it. I'm hoping we can find a way to get Steam to make this update optional. Aside from the server being temporarily unavailable, it ruins the gameplay as TG players know it. I don't know how its going to effect the TG style of gameplay or even server settings, but as of right now, it doesn't look good.
    |TG| Mr. Jingles
    Callsign: Preacher115
    End Transmission...

Re: New CS:S Update

one problem i see happening is the little kill cam. it will ruin lock down in the fact that you will know every place that someone is hiding.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

As much as I love stats and achievements, I feel that this is the reason they feel that everyone should be playing "vanilla" cs.

I feel the stats and achievements should only be activated when playing in vanilla servers, and leave the modded servers as they were.

This is valve, they should listen to the customers and implement this.

If not, I am sad.

Comment

^ That would be nice... I've also noticed a LOT of bugs with this new update (not to mention the BS time it took to dl the update). You'd think they wouldve worked things out before releasing it. The one update that theyve made for CSS and they didnt even bother to test it before release.
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

they did test it, it was the css beta for like a month or 2 and thats about it. as far as i know most of the people that i talked to said that they didnt like the beta to much

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

It should have been at least discussed. Because now to satisfy the majority, they're going to have to scrap the Beta version. It has combined DoD:Source with a game that was not originally designed to be interacted with in such a way. If it doesn't change the Beta version will ruin CS:S as TG knows it. Having said that, if we can take the Beta version and modify it the way we set up the server then it may not be the death of CS:S. Either way I do believe Valve will have enormous amounts of negative feedback from this update. Has anyone contacted Steam Support Team/Valve?
            |TG| Mr. Jingles
            End Transmission...

Comment

i agree with saphric, but i think that the update should have a diff game. kinda like when css came out, but you still could play reg old cs. the update ruined some of the key features of css in the fact that for instance the bodies dont fall right. They all fall the same. im hoping that people will flood steam/valve with complaints to get this fixed or put back to the way that is was. we cant just lye down and let this update atrocity ruin the game that we all love to play.

Comment

relax a bit here guys. people said similar things about CS:S when it first came out. "ohmygod! they ruined counterstrike with all this junk they put in and now everything is going to be vanilla!" well, we found out how wrong that was. TF2 had similar gripes when it first came out. the problem is that since we didnt run a beta server, we havent had the chance to dive into the server-side tools and commands to see what can be altered to make it fit with our style gameplay.

and believe me, the goods are going to be there. probably not everything we're used to, but enough to give us a good start. CS has always had a huge following with competitive play and some of the new "features" are things that competitive tournaments have always outlawed. valve makes huge money off of licensing these tournaments and sponsor kickbacks, so something tells me that they're not going to cut the head off of that snake quite so soon. things like the kill-cam and scoreboard and such will probably all have options for disabling/altering them to make them more amenable.

so until we get it up and running on our own and see what we can and cant do with the new version, lets not blow it too far out of proportion.

Comment

Ferris is right. The game isn't ruined. I haven't had the chance to play the game yet, but checking the notes I see only 2 features that actually affect gameplay: Killcam and Nemesis. Both of them can no doubt be turned off, if not right away, then soon. Valve has a good track record of keeping its customers happy. Besides, it's not like either featurre would completely break the TG way to play it.

Comment

Killcam can be turned off by the server.
                    I'm not sure how Nemesis "effects gameplay", but I believe it can be turned off too.

I still think that the overall direction of the changes was "this game does x, let's do that here", and I think that this approach doesn't work.

Comment

Since I haven't played DoD, I'm not understanding the references. I'm trying out CSS now to see the update.

After playing it, I have to say... I can't tell much except the kill cams. Since TG server is down, I tried other servers. I kept dying from AWPs so much that I couldn't really test out the game. lol

I did see this: dded sv_disablefreezecam cvar to turn off the freezecam on a server
                      So as others said, it can be disabled. Assuming the freezecam is the killcam.

Added sv_nonemesis cvar to turn off domination/revenge on a server.
                      Added sv_nomvp cvar to turn off MVP stars on a server.
                      Added sv_nostats cvar to turn off stats on a server.

A few things I wonder about:
                      http://store.steampowered.com/news/3976/
                      Disallowed the use of arbitrary command strings for the message of the day screen. Now only a specific list of commands is allowed.
                      Uh, why? why are you restricting what the message of the day is? Are you that restrictive?

Removed -tickrate command line option and defaulted tick rate to 66 rather than 33. This addressed a number of issues, including:
                      OK, so we can't have a tickrate of 100 anymore? That was the tickrate on our server, right? <looks around> uh.. guys? right? (Like I know how to take advantage of that..)

added the following cvars to allow players to customize their scoreboards.
                      Yeah, if "Customize" means the color only.

Made ladders easier to climb. Added cvars sv_ladder_dampen and sv_ladder_angle.
                      THANK GOD! (I'm ladder impaired. I don't want to think about how many times I've flown off a ladder and splattered all over the ground screaming like a little girl whose doll was just grabbed by a giant dog as it's latest chew toy)
                      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

So when is our server coming up? I'd be happy if it were just vanilla for the time being....

EDIT: Vulcan says soonish. Good enough for me =)

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                          Uh, why? why are you restricting what the message of the day is? Are you that restrictive?
                          As an educated guess, considering I don't actually know what they're restricting: It's not restricting what the motd can show visually, but what it contains behind the scenes.

Comment

Ferris, I'm sure you're right. Its just kind of a sudden let down. But yes, statistically Valve does have great consumer satisfaction. Hopefully soon our server can be what it was less than 48 hours ago.
                            |TG| Mr. Jingles
                            End Transmission...

Comment

i really wish it wouldnt have been automatic. or atleast given time to get the game customized how we had it before it went live like that. None of the mods are working. Its all run and gun. None of the admins powers work. PCS perks are gone. you can buy ANY gun.

Hey im all for a game update, just hope we dont loose what amazing community we did have in CSS.
                              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...