de_ignorance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_ignorance

I believe Root had posted asking for comments on this map, but I couldnt find it. I would like everyone to voice their opinions on this map...I for one, find it one of the better pcs-friendly maps.
    If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
    with any questions or concerns.
    |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Re: Map comments. de_ignorance

This is a great map. Of course I could be confusing it with all the other great maps I added to the server

I believe we're talking church and temple here. Lots of ways in for the T's, lots of opportunities for the CT's to guard the objective. We had a very intense round a few weeks ago when the bomber went down right outside the church, and we had to cover more routes than we had CT's.

This is one that I'll be starting a rotation poll for at some point.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I love this map to death. Soooo many routes and possibilities.

Comment

Have yet to play it, sounds good, going to download it right now....
        |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

I thought the hidden extras on this map would be a problem (flashbangs, AK's etc), but they could actually add an extra dynamic when the cashflow starts to get cut off...

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Re: de_ignorance

Great map. I would like to remind player to not take advantage of the glitches on the map. There are a few glitches that allow a player to get on top of some building and grand a godlike sniping position. They are obviously glitches as when you are in these locations you can see beyond the map and move to locations that are not normally accessible. Just remember to play PCS and play fair. Also I have to ask, Has anyone found and of the secret rooms. There is one accessible in the middle that is full of money and some photos.

Comment

Wow... I like the sound of this map.

I looked at it on google and it does seem very open and PCS friendly. I'll have to play it some time soon, hopefully with the likes of all of you.

Comment

I thought I'd try CS tonight as a change from BF2 and ended up being lucky enough to get a taste of this map. I'm very new to CS and till this had never played TG CS so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

However, I must say that this map was a delight to play. Even while getting owned on every single bomb attempt. Quite simply it just didn't feel as frustrating as many of the other maps can be. This has to do with the ability to take a unique route just about every time. Perhaps as I replay the map this exploratory sense might dull a bit, but on the whole I think having so many intertwined avenues of travel make it feel much more like a true urban environment. =)

The only flaws I think may come up are the aparent proximity of the bomb sites as well as how one dimensional the shrine site is. (Though I may be wrong that these are bad things.)

Anyway, I had fun playing up until I began having some serious connection issues leading up to my quitting. It was a nice change of pace from BF2 and I hope to improve and do less things wrong next time. ;P
                Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
                [age-c1]
                [eng][air]

Comment

Great games tonight Lagamorph.

The bomb sites are actually a fair distance apart.The temple site is defintely a pain. Once you get past the tunnel at the apartments, there's not a lot CT's can do to re-take it, at least not with the day to day standard of play on the server. From a tactical point of view, syncronised flashbangs in both entrances, with the other half of each fireteam moving in first...

Oh and if you think you've got to improve, you should see our game officer. The guy couldn't hit a planet at 20 paces.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Thumbs up for this map!

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                    - Wulfyn

Comment

We know you're no good at this whole "shooting" thing root :P

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                        We know you're no good at this whole "shooting" thing root :P
                        Dammit! Not a single spelling mistake to pick him up on. I hate you all.

Meanwhile, back on topic, I think we have a contender for the map rotation. I still want the silent majority to play the new maps and comment though....

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

You mean like MEEEE???

Because, I've still yet to play de_ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                            I've still yet to play de_ignorance.
                            The answer to anyone posting this sort of comment can only be....

what are you doing about it? You're sitting here posting about not reading Harry Potter (you fool), when there's an empty couple of servers, and an admin on hand to change the maps until you cough up the cash to become a supporting member. :icon_razz

Edit : in fact quit bothering me - ignorance is currently waiting for you on server 1 :P

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

So I played it and I have to say I like it alot. A whole lot. I can see it being in the rotation in fact.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X