cs_beirut2_64

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_beirut2_64

This looks like a nice map, but it lags like a <insert expletive here>.

Lots of defence potential for T's. Lots of direction signposts to the hostage building for CT's. Not exactly an even trade

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: cs_beirut2_64

This map is a candidate for removal from the server *unless* someone can have a look at editing it to reduce the lag. It's designed for 64 players, so I'm guessing that might have something to do with it? For 7v7 it has some potential, so I'd rather one of you had a crack at fixing it before we remove it. Any volunteers?

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

i liked this map....didnt find the lag any worse than some of the others we play

Comment

There is an updated and final version of this map called cs_beirut2 which i posted in the new map suggestions thread. I like this map and i suggest we get the updated one on. Has some minor fixes nothing big.

- -

Comment

If it fixes the lag problem as well, we can remove beirut2_64 and replace it.

Comment

Absolutely we will. Beruit2 is on my to-do list.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Good to know. I would please ask of oyu to make it high priority, not top per-se however.

Comment

i can't believe i hadn't posted anything about this map yet...i thought i already had.

Anyway, in short, this map rocks. Big time.

It's one of the few maps that seems to be built for PCS play, and almost all of the areas of it has as much strategic importance as any other....consequently, the variations of tactics abound.

When i first found this map, me and young zombieslicer played it again and again and again. Then as more people joined, i insisted we play it again. And again. And we did.

Apart from the lag issue that some seem to experience, it's the best hossie map on the server, by far and most people like it from the off. It supports good stealthy play, as well as rushes, and can be enjoyed by a few, and by many.

It's not a question of whether this map should be in rotation, so much as should all the others?

Note: The only thing i'd like to see that isn't on this map, is streetnames, as i think it would help with planning (i'd like to see that on more maps too) i'm going to contact the mapper and see if there's any possibility of some being added, unless anyone who maps here points out that that just isn't viable.

Note 2: Before playing, i usually advise the Ts that apart from getting on the 'city wall' and shooting into CT spawn, that they have the complete map open to them. This, to my surprise, has worked really well. No-one has got stupid and sent every T to wait inside an arch, or run around without a thought for the hossies back in the tower.

This is i think, is helped by the nature of the map. It encourages good play.

Comment

I would like the map if I didn't lag like I do. It takes all the fun right out of it.

Comment

I FINALLY found a way around the lag - lowering my screen resolution to 800x600. This actually raised my fps on other maps to above 80, instead of what used to be 30-70. Of course, though, the graphics are a lot worse, and everything seems so much bigger. It takes some getting used to, and I might have to save it as a beirut-only configuration.

As to the street names, that would be a great addition. And having the map open makes people stick happen to stick more towards their objective (sometimes/typically), and they won't have to worry about testing boundaries. A lot of people like to linger right on the very edges... Works quite well on beirut though.

Comment

I have played at 800X600 ever since i bought the game. I don't have any problems and it doesn't look bad IMO.

- -

Comment

I run at 1024x768 on it with all high settings, and get a poor FPS on this map, but it is still well worth the experience this map has to offer IMO.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                        steve: OMG
                        steve: TOO
                        root: ****ing hell
                        root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                          I have played at 800X600 ever since i bought the game. I don't have any problems and it doesn't look bad IMO.
                          There are other settings? Go figure. I run whatever it defaults to.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                            There are other settings? Go figure. I run whatever it defaults to.
                            I'm sorry.

Comment

Is this map supposed to be in rotation? On listmaps it's at the very end but right before it gets to this map it recycles back to the first map on the list. (in other words, I think it's getting skipped)

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                              - Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X