de_jihad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_jihad

The 10:16 bomb to LAX now boarding at gate 12. ;)

This map doesn't have a lot in the way of routes, but it still seems to be a pretty good map. CT's *can* lock the whole map down from the control tower, but risk the T's using accurate sniper fire to get past the tower to the other site.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: de_jihad

Another map that needs a longer timer. At least until more people are familiar with the routes anyway, and then maybe it can be reduced a little.

This is a really interesting map, and one that has the potential to be as good as piranesi tactically, if people know it and play it right.

It's hard work for CTs, as they have trouble stopping a T rush at either site, but like de_view and de_aaa, if they use their loafs and defend as a team they should be able to meet and nullify a rush with fewer CTs than Ts.

i'd love to see this map in rotation.

Comment

Just timed it and it takes a good 30 seconds for a CT to get relatively unharmed from the tower to B, and about the same from B to tower.

If we can change the timer to at least 40 seocnds i think we would all play this more.

Comment

it sounds good, but passerbys might take that as an oppourtunity to just sit in the tower and camp the map. there are so many new maps being added i cant give any detailed response, just judging by the comments made about the layout of the map.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with camping the map from the tower. You need to have some excellent snipers, and some very good spotters. If the T's get one decent sniper in a good position, the CT's can very quickly wish they'd done something different.

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

True. But the CTs can be careful and camp the tower and live fine if they try.

Comment

Also: I love this map.

Comment

nice touch for your 700th post. :D

i guess there isnt really anything wrong with camping the tower but then its just a race to snipe the t's.

Comment

You can camp the tower, black, but the Ts can plant at B out of sight of anyone in the tower anyway, so that point is academic.

Yes, we are going through an awful lot of maps lately...but as i pointed out to someone the other day, the more we play test new maps and find the good ones (like that gem of a map, beirut) then the better our gaming will be as we won't have to keep playing on the same old boring maps.

It's for your own good, trust me ;)

Comment

This map is a rat's warren with too-small doors. Dont like it. Its poorly made...those doors are probably the worst part...

Comment

Lots of ways for the T's to ge around, but the CT's are pretty much relegated to sniping from the tower to defend. It's not a problem or an issue, I'm just saying.:icon_bigg

Comment

From what I have seen the key to victory on this map is who can rush to control the tower tower first, ala king of the hill. Another minor issue I have is I have seen too many times when the Terrorists are planning and the CTs have gained position, there is firing going into the T spawn. I have also seen where the T’s use the spawn as a tactical position to knock the CT’s out of the tower. Either way I am not a fan of spawn camping. If there would be some change to the map where you cannot shoot in or out of the spawn that would add a lot to the map. I also dig making the bomb timer a bit longer. It is hard as heck to get from the tower to the rail station with out jumping off the roof and dying.
                        The map over all is decent, but with too many new people unfamiliar with it, it should be reserved for server 2.
                        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC
                          From what I have seen the key to victory on this map is who can rush to control the tower tower first, ala king of the hill. Another minor issue I have is I have seen too many times when the Terrorists are planning and the CTs have gained position, there is firing going into the T spawn. I have also seen where the Tís use the spawn as a tactical position to knock the CTís out of the tower. Either way I am not a fan of spawn camping.
                          There is another way out of the spawn, which gives you access to the sewers and the roof.

In addition, if you smoke and come out the hangar door running, you can break left immediately and get underneath the terminal overhang, eliminating the snipers ability to hit you.

I guess I don't feel that it's spawn camping given this, particularly when a sniper with a scout can clear the tower very quickly using the same ability that the CT's have to shoot into the spawn.

In fact, a good diversion that I've used several times is to leave a sniper team in the spawn, while the rest of use go tunnel to the train bombsite.

Comment

I just played this as terrorist for the first time. It seems like a pretty poor map. The CTs spawn at one of the bomb site, trains, which isn't so bad in itself but...

The CTs can always get to tower first as well it seems (even rush the sewer entrance before Ts do), and from the tower you can easily cover the train as well. There is no way to get to the train without going outside, so you'll be easy pickings for Cts in the tower regardless of where you are.

Furthermore, due to some texture bugs the outside tower part, the floor there is black from the bottom and see-thru from the top, giving considerable advantage to people from the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown1 View Post
                              I just played this as terrorist for the first time. It seems like a pretty poor map. The CTs spawn at one of the bomb site, trains, which isn't so bad in itself but...

The CTs can always get to tower first as well it seems (even rush the sewer entrance before Ts do), and from the tower you can easily cover the train as well. There is no way to get to the train without going outside, so you'll be easy pickings for Cts in the tower regardless of where you are.

Furthermore, due to some texture bugs the outside tower part, the floor there is black from the bottom and see-thru from the top, giving considerable advantage to people from the top.
                              First off.. the CTs do not spawn at the train yard... CTs spawn inside the offices by the bathrooms. CTs have to run a decent distance to get to both sites.. navigating chairs and teammates and what not...

Second.. The fact that CTs can reach a bombsite before the Ts... well thats a pretty basic requirement of the maps we play here. Besides.. CTs have to haul butt to get up there ahead of the Ts.

Third.. The fence, that is the way to get to trainyard without going inside, or roof from T spawn.. thru the top hall and out onto the other side roof over looking the trainyard and jump down onto garage.

As for the grate, think about it. A metal cat walk... waaaaay up in an airport tower. Tiny little spaces in the floor of it. I would think it would actually be easier to see thru if your stading up there... but if you are way down on the ground... it might not be so easy to see thru such small openings... just my thoughts on that... I have always wondered about it myself.
                              Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X