cs_harvest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_harvest

Alright.. as of today I must say I dont think this map should be in the rotation.

It's not good for pubbies whatsoever, and even most members hate the map from what I've seen. With the proper ammount of people to a team and the correct players, it's worth keeping on the server but.. I (and apparently many others) think it's too "slow" to be on rotation- simply not enough hardcore PCS stuff happens on this map on server 1.

Re: cs_harvest

The only way that you can really make this map work is you have to actually work with your team, communicate with your team, and just because it takes more than "lets go rescue the hostages" most people dont like it. Im not pointing any fingers, but I believe that is the main problem.

I know that it can be boring for the Ts but if you get real communication, if you get real teamwork, it doesnt have to be. THAT is the main reason that I think that it should remain on server 1 and also it is a great "hardcore" practice map even though there should be no difference in "hardcore" and "regular" PCS...
    |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

I personally like this map, however it is a little frustrating not being able to shoot when you know that somebody is hiding in a corner by hosties.

This map seems to be more tactical then many other maps because its damn near impossible to make it up those stairs (if your a CT), even if you do have a flash, so you need someone to go to the side window and cause a ruckus or have everyone rush the stairs hard at the same time.

T's main problem is that they get impatient in this map and stick their heads out of a window to try and get a kill. If they'd stop doing that then maybe the matches wouldn't be so predetermined.
      Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
      |TG| Shifty Powers and |TG| KungFuChicken

Comment

Im not going to say I dotn love the map, because I do. It just seems like it wouldn't get pubbies into PCS much.

Server 2? hell yeah, give it TWO friggin spots in the rotation! But server 1? it just... Idk.

Maybe it's worth keeping in rotation and I just had the worst game ever played on cs_harvest yesterday.

Comment

Fact : Pubbies stay on the server when this map comes up.
          Fact : Pubbies connect to, and stay on, the server when this map comes up.

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Fact: I hate this map, and neither threats of banning or bodily harm will change that. :3

I respect that a few admins, a decent amount of people, and even Root like this map, but I'll never be able to understand why. The biased, prejudiced, and maybe even racially motivated reasons I hate this map are as follows

1. It's too damn big - not a big deal really, but there's no flavor to the map. 2 spawns, 4 routes, and one bored pelvis. it takes the ct's an extended time to reach the choke points of the map, granted this gives the teams more time to strategize, and Root more time to slay noobs, but it still seems superfluous, a map doesnt need to be exceptionally large to require strategy.

2. Green Acres - the whole map (when playing pcs, at least) is essentially bare except for a few shacks and gazeebos (only one of which providing any sort of useful, extended cover), and a tiny nade magnet of a house, surrounded by a huge, wide open field with the only obstructions coming from a bunch of hay rolls to the left. I've taken advantage of this before and camped out on the right side of the map (within boundaries, of course) and taking out nearly the entire ct team in several consecutive rounds because there was nowhere for them to hide. Granted cognitive thought would assume they'd figure out where I was, eventually, but nonetheless, no cover. It's nigh impossible for the t's to get the defensive drop on the ct's they so desperately need to win.

3. the rounds are too long - another purely incidental problem, and could just be from my experience of noone working together, people yelling about the map sucking, and the dreaded 1/3 total knife rounds, the rounds last very long and are usually drawn out due to the sheer size of the map and the quirks of the pcs cerebral brand of play style. This is mostly a problem for people that get offed (scouted :X) early in the round and have to wait ten minutes for the round to come to a close...not that I'd...know anything about that.

4. Rescue the hostages!? What a Novel Concept! - I've never seen it happen, though I admit, it happens little on any other cs map in tg, I can't imagine why anyone would want to see it happen in this map in the first place... >.>

I'll admit that my gripes with the map are purely from my personal experience, but I have to say I really can't see how a little communication would make it much better, if at all...

T1: "Okay! Let's all spread around the house!"

T2: "Roger!"

wait ten minutes

Ts: * diez ='( *

Comment

Originally posted by Root

Root
              Fact : Pubbies stay on the server if de_dust comes up.
              Fact : Pubbies connect to, and stay on, the server if de_dust comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                Fact : Pubbies stay on the server if de_dust comes up.
                Fact : Pubbies connect to, and stay on, the server if de_dust comes up.
                I would say that you just owned Root but luckily (unluckily for your wit) we don't have de_dust on the rotation.

Even if you are talking about other servers... that's other servers. Why should that even concern this argument? To make a good retort it must be within subject (something I have yet to learn :D).

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

I know. I had to change the when to if :(

Comment

I know. I had to change the when to if :(
                    Heh.. Nicely done :)

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Originally posted by Root

Root
                      A plethora of TG members, as proven by the debate of which make we were switching to last afternoon, do not.

Comment

Just for referance I highly enjoy this map on either side, and I have never seen a PUBBIE complain. However, I find most people that start to really speak up say "omg switch switch switch" and just go on about "big map" or whatever.

Comment

Pubbies stay on because the size of the new map equals the size of all the UT2004 sound files they download on any other server ;)

They also stay on because the map is big and great for non PCS play.

Comment

Pubbies stay on because the size of the new map equals the size of all the UT2004 sound files they download on any other server ;)

They also stay on because the map is big and great for non PCS play.
                            Noone plays UT2004, or HL mods, anymore. :icon19:

Comment

Really? Shows how little I play outside TG...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X