cs_retreat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_retreat

Another BIG map. I count 5 routes to the house containing the hostages. I got a pretty good ping and FPS considering how out of date my PC is.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: cs_retreat

I recommend the map :D

It was very nice and I believe it to be a nicer version of cs_harvest since we terrorists have a better house to defend. It's better that the counter terrorists can get close to the house unseen in the hills which will help allieviate sniper fests.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Its about time you got around to it Root :D, and yes it is a very BIG map, and the best part about it is that you get very decent fps on such a big map. And in my opinion I also think it should be added to the rotation.
      |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Thats a big negative. I got MASSIVE lag on it. And it looked like ass, to boot.

Comment

THIS MAP is the laggiest map EVAR to be played...its horrible...i get no more than 20 fps outside...its rediculous...it becomes nothign but a CT snipe fest...and do to the vast land scape and the horrible lag...terrorists are powerless...they have to hide and wait for the flash bangs...horrible map...

Comment

I don't love or hate this map, but I do hate a slight fps drop that comes with it!...dammit, tim to get another 6600gt :(

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
              it becomes nothign but a CT snipe fest
              Since when? A bunch of us went up the steps from spawn, followed the raised platform to the right, got behind a big rock, smoked all other the place, and then put HE nades in the back door. We did it so well that I almost felt sorry for the 3 terrorists that were trying to snipe out the back window.

There are usually alternative tactics if people are prepared to take a risk and try them.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Forced everyone to play this last night.....I like it. Once everyone settled in and learned the map, there were some TENSE firefights.

Lots of space, the house is larger than harvest, but not exactly easy to defend...snipers can have a field day with it....that said, they have to come inside some time.

The map requires communication and coordination in order to succeed, which makes it a very PCS map.

Replace Harvest with this.

Comment

Hey guys, I am the mapper who made retreat so I thought I just post and say thanks for doing such a great job of supporting custom maps! :)

Retreat was the first map I ever released and is a bit shoddy technically so I am not suprised that some of you have had lag and fps problems with it, sorry! I suprised that some of you get GOOD fps on retreat though - lucky you ;)

Hopefully the one thing I suceeded in with retreat was a good layout though although it can be a rite snipe-fest sometimes :s

At the moment I am mapping another huge map - a de_map set in a cathedral...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...maller0002.jpg

Keep an eye out for it in teh coming months.

Cheers, gg
                  Xj2 :D

Edit/ I found u guys from roots comment on my map from csbanana btw just incase u wondered.

Comment

Great to see you here, Xj2. Love the map. Maybe we can spark some more tactical discussion on this map soon, just so you can hear and see the results of your work.

You should hang around here more, if you like of course. Mappers are great to have around, and if you're interesting in the objective-playstyle that our community so strongly emphasizes, then this would be perhaps a perfect place for you. And if you ever need some testers for your maps, etc... feel free to drop us a line. I doubt I'm the only one willing to help out.

Comment

Hey Poe, you got PM....

bit more info on that wip de_map here - http://forum.interlopers.net/viewtopic.php?t=5816.

Comment

Welcome Xj2!

The map looks sweet. We'll happily playtest it for you as long as it meets a single requirement : On the maps we play, the CT's must be able to secure both sites before the T's can get to them.

Your map certainly looks like something we'll end up hosting here :icon14:

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                          On the maps we play, the CT's must be able to secure both sites before the T's can get to them.
                          With the current layout I have going that is the case so it shouldn't be a problem. If anything the bombsites are a little too close together for my liking at the moment or rather, the T spawn is too far away from both - CT's can easily get to either with a good ten seconds to spare before a stampede of angry Terrorists come haring around into the fray :D

I'd be interested to hear some thoughts on the layout I've got going - unfortunately I can't really demonstrate how it works with the map in its current state (major bits and pieces not yet implemented) so you'll have to cope with a cack handed drawing off it in the meantime. I'l post up a pic when I have sobered up and managed to draw one with straight lines that is neatly coloured in. I have got quite a nice ballpoint sketch off it actually but no scanner :/ so its gonna be a Paint job. I'll apologise in advance :P

EDIT/ Infact in the meantime here is an utterly appalling rendition which I just found lurking in My Pictures folder - If you can work out what the hell its all supposed to be you can get a rough idea of what I have in mind (and as a starter clue the red(ish) tunnel that runs across the centre of the cathedral floor is below ground level)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...cathlayout.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Xj2
                            With the current layout I have going that is the case so it shouldn't be a problem. If anything the bombsites are a little too close together for my liking at the moment or rather, the T spawn is too far away from both - CT's can easily get to either with a good ten seconds to spare before a stampede of angry Terrorists come haring around into the fray :D
                            With that sort of head start, it could be quite a good map. Spaced out bomb sites are good too :)

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It does sound like a pretty decent map.
                              |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement