cs_secretlab_v3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_secretlab_v3

T's have to haul ass to get to the hostages on this map, but they spawn with a clear head start on the CT's. There are only 2 routes down to the hostages, which are in the underground lab.

Probably (but not definitely) a map to put with de_tides. Great for small games.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: cs_secretlab_v3

Hmmm... Man that enterance to the lab is so sweetly done its incredible.

Unfortunatly, it stinks of deathmatchiness (yes I know this is not a real word). The terrorists can go by the Ct spawn withing three seconds of spawning. Personally I think that it won't be that good since there is only two entries into the hostage area. Death trap anyone?

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

The other day a group of, roughly 6 people (including myself) were playing on server 2. 9v was among the other players on the server at the time. He asked if we wanted to go to a new map. That new map was cs_secretlabs_v3.

A few key things to point out.
      1. Rarely, both terrorists, AND counter-terrorists can spawn inside of the secret lab. Meaning, a counter terrorist can spawn right next to the hostages. So not PCS.
      2. To add to that massive problem, there are no buy zones for either team when they spawn in the secret lab. Meaning glocks and five sevens.
      3. There is a lot of excess space on this map, that I have never seen used. I'm not exactly sure where the counter-terrorists spawn, but the extensive outdoors areas make the map very hard to manuever.
      4. It would be very easy for this map to turn into some serioud deathmatch play.

My overall ranking: D+

With some serious editing, this could be one of the best maps for PCS play. But until then, it isn't even worth playing due to the tremendous errors made by the creator.

If someone (Vulcan?) could edit it it really has a lot of potential. One thing I had thought about is making it a decs map. It has the size capabilities to service that. The terrorists could split into teams of 3 and 4, and while the 3 go to plant the bomb, the hostages could be guarded by the other 4. I'm not sure how well it would work out, I don't completely understand the maps layout. But, that is just an idea.

Good map, needs some work.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
      steve: OMG
      steve: TOO
      root: ****ing hell
      root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

I posted the DE version of this map which is much better. I won't decompile maps and edit them because it's very difficult to deal with them. We can however get in touch with the mapper. Any of us can and make comments and suggestions and refer them to this site and thread.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
          We can however get in touch with the mapper. Any of us can and make comments and suggestions and refer them to this site and thread.
          What would be of most help, is if this forum continues to be used for serious discussion about maps, and admins make any approaches to map makers. Refering them back here is a very good idea.

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

As stated above (steve, specifically) the map needs serious help.

If it doesnt get fixed there is no reason to keep it on the server.

Comment

It's on my to-remove list

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Muy Gracias senor Root.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                steve: OMG
                steve: TOO
                root: ****ing hell
                root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X