de_lochs2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_lochs2

I recently played this map both on server 1 and server 2, and can safely say it is a very good map. There's alot of room to hide, great dark little corridors, the sites are well done, the map doesn't really seem biased at all...

What are everyone else's thoughts on this map?

Re: de_lochs2

I think this map stinks, CT's are split if they go to both bombsites and no quick way between the two sites.

The best option is to sit in spawn untill the T's are spotted....

:icon13:

- -

Comment

I think the map is okay. There's just... something about it that I don't particularly like. I haven't quite figured out what it is though. I think the "no quick way between the two sites" is one part of it, however.
      _

_

Comment

Yeah, on average it takes a good 20 seconds between sites. That can be a big problem, but you can do some interesting things.

Comment

I loved this map when there were a small number of players on it. I thought it would be better with a larger group but alas, it was not as great as I expected.

It seems to be Terrorist sided and the B bombsite can be reached by the Terrorists quicker than the Counter Terrorists (through a certain entry that is).

Actually if that enterance were closed and the bombsites were closer together it would be a much greater map.

If they arn't corrected than, it is pretty much a death trap for Counter Terrorists (thus making this map a one sided team death match).

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
          - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Originally posted by SephirothValentine
            It seems to be Terrorist sided and the B bombsite can be reached by the Terrorists quicker than the Counter Terrorists (through a certain entry that is).
            ???? Where???

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
              ???? Where???
              Rush through the B doors to the outside. Come towards the middle and look left. In the alcove there is a manhole that leads straight to the A bombsite. Actually I don't know if this gets you there quicker than them but I've always gotten there first...

There is another way that is almost as quick although you can be seen by the enemy. Just rush out the B doors and go down the ramp to B though I think this is almost like the situation of de_Dust2 at the B bombsite (except they can't trap you).

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

Comment

If it takes a long time to get from one site to the other, we can look at increasing the bomb timer. If the T's can get to a bomb site before the CT's, then the map isn't suitable for PCS play. Period.

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                  If it takes a long time to get from one site to the other, we can look at increasing the bomb timer. If the T's can get to a bomb site before the CT's, then the map isn't suitable for PCS play. Period.

Root
                  I agree with you Root. It kind of defeats the purpose of having two bombsites anyhow. Increasing the timer would help.

I think that the reason the T's had the advantage was that I was on it... No, not because of my skill (as much as I would like to think it was) :D. Mostly it was because I knew my way around the map and could get the Ts to out manuever the Cts easily (when they are ignorant of this map, it makes it easy as pie).

I think we got to B quicker because the Cts were generally unfamiliar with the map.

Comment

I still say this map just sucks, fragmonkey heaven.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X