cs_assault - Map Cycle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_assault - Map Cycle?

People complain about harvest being a deathmatch, yet cs_assault is even moreso.

1) Terrorists need to stay in the building.
    2) Hostages are in the building.
    3) You can see the hostage door from just about any point inside.
    4) There is little efficient way into the complex except with great planning and luck, and the objective cannot even be completed.
    5) There are no "strategic routes," other than diversions.
    6) The front door is the only way to move in completely quietly, yet it is open and easily viewed from anywhere inside the complex.

Given these condititions, I do not see any reason that this map should remain on the server, at all. It is not made for PCS play at all, despite how well made it is.

*loves assault, so he isn't biased*
    Last edited by Root; 09-14-2005, 07:52 AM.

Re: cs_assault - Map Cycle?

Allow me to reword the part of your post I removed:

Terrorists generally have no reason to be outside the warehouse. If the CTs rescue the hostages with Ts still alive, the Ts have either made a large tactical mistake or are not playing by PCS guidelines.

Comment

I agree with Poe, this map has nothing to offer for PCS.

Comment

I still like the map, but Poe is correct, this map is only good for deathmatch.
        |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

yeah, i agree as well, the map is basically a CT deathtrap, as far as i'm concerned.

Comment

I love Assault, I loved it in old CS. Unfortunately, then everything was deathmatching. The map is not PCS at all. But, I didn't think it was in the rotation, I know it is on the server, but...

I'm going to go check.

edit:
            I was correct, the map is on the server, but it is not in the rotation. Why are you posting about it if you never have to play it?

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
            steve: OMG
            steve: TOO
            root: ****ing hell
            root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Really? An admin must have changed it or something then, without me noticing... Nevermind then, I suppose. Though it doesn't really have a place in the server, either *wink*

Sorry for my mistake.

Comment

Re: cs_assault

Originally posted by poe
                People complain about harvest being a deathmatch, yet cs_assault is even moreso.

Given these condititions, I do not see any reason that this map should remain on the server, at all. It is not made for PCS play at all, despite how well made it is.
                Absolutely. Unfortunately, dm_assault is a valve stock map. Unfortunately, valve have no interest in catering to serious gamers like us. If I remove it from the server, it'll just get put back on again at the next update. We've discussed methods for keeping lame maps such as assault, dust, prodigy and view *ahem*, sorry port, off the server when we get updates. We'll continue to try and find a solution.

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Oh man did I mention THAT yesterday. I like.. quoted Root about nonpcs maps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X