cs_office_extended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_office_extended

I love this map. The snow has gone, which is bad (no more snowman). Other than that, there's an extra route from the back way through another garage and round to the back hostage room, with a breach point in the wall. The other change is that the sealed door at the back office exit is now open, and that room leads to the door by the soda machines in long hall.

Definitely makes for a more interesting game of office. Currently both versions are in rotation so that you can all compare them. I can see this replacing the stock version.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: cs_office_extended

sounds good, im still angry at SDK as you know why.....im waiting until they release the new version of SDK as they said they would in the next week or so.

Comment

i love this map, thank you so much for adding it!

only downside to this map i've found so far, is that it's so much more difficult for the Ts to cover the hostage area near the new entrance

but of course, that's a good thing, because it means more planning and communication is involved

so, this map is definitely a good map to have on the rotation

Comment

Its a nice change from the stock office map. It should replace the stock one in my opinion.
        If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

Originally posted by radicaldreamer
          only downside to this map i've found so far, is that it's so much more difficult for the Ts to cover the hostage area near the new entrance

but of course, that's a good thing
          So what exactly is your position on this? Are you claiming that a bad thing is good, or that a good thing is bad? :madsmile:

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

what i was trying to say is, well...that the extra entrance means that both teams, but mainly the Ts, need to communicate and plan where they're positioning everyone, a little more than if you were just using the original cs_office, because those windows around the outside of the office did not break

Comment

i like this map. its really challenging for t's though :(, there are so many points of entry. i have yet to play this map as a ct though, auto assign seems to like t's...

Comment

Originally posted by pimpcain
                i like this map. its really challenging for t's though :(, there are so many points of entry.
                Not really. If anything, it gives the T's better defensive positions: you can snipe side hall from the window ledge, and still defend the hostages, you can shoot through the windows in where the hostages are in the waiting room...CT's better be on their guard if they don't want to get picked off.

i have yet to play this map as a ct though, auto assign seems to like t's...
                I think it is more of: too many players would rather be CT than T, and that's why you always get the autoassign onto T.

Comment

Personally I like playing T on this map rather then CT.

Comment

well i think the map could have been better... maybe more of an advantage for ts like elevator to roof or basement to watch guys coming in garage?
                    all i really see is an extra way to be pwnd by a ct. and no snow....

Comment

Originally posted by radicaldreamer
                      i love this map, thank you so much for adding it!

Indeed.
                      Dizlor

Comment

When I first played this map ...didn't realize it was "Extended" got myself killed through windows that before never had to worry about.

After playing a few times mostly as T I got a better feel for it and actualy like it better and think it should replace the 'original'. Going back to the original map after playing axtended feels so cramped or is that I have just been sitting in one position behind this Carpel Tunnel inducing instrument? HMMM...

No matter what when all else is lost run back to the projector room...go through a few slides and wait to be flashed...LOL

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady
                          When I first played this map ...didn't realize it was "Extended" got myself killed through windows that before never had to worry about.

After playing a few times mostly as T I got a better feel for it and actualy like it better and think it should replace the 'original'. Going back to the original map after playing axtended feels so cramped or is that I have just been sitting in one position behind this Carpel Tunnel inducing instrument? HMMM...

No matter what when all else is lost run back to the projector room...go through a few slides and wait to be flashed...LOL
                          I still dont like it, It give the Ct to much of an advantage. And extra way to get to the hostages. What do the Ts get? because they have to gaurd the hostys they really can't do much but wait to be owned. If there was another area of hostages or the hostage area was changed up some, i might have liked it more.

Comment

Yes it does gives CT an extra way in but it also gives the Ts a way of guarding down the halls from outside the ledges instead of playing peek-a-boo around corners. You do have to have one T maybe keeping an eye on garage to make sure nobody is slipping in behind you.

Constant communication is a definate need in case the T guarding the back area dies the rest know where you were and to fall back.

All in all it definatly adds to the original Office and gives T's a little more room to breathe even if they have to watch their back door a little more.

Then again when all else fails it is back to the original plan of falling back to hosties. This is where Ts have to come up with some creative defense because they know the CT are going to flash and enter. If there is multiple CT still alive more then likely a flash from one or both sides and then entry.

I have enjoyed many times keeping an eye on the door and as soon as I see a Flash fly by jump out and taking out the CT that just threw the flash and maybe someone waiting to the side. I may die or take a lot of damage doing this but sometimes beats trying to hide while your eyes try to clear from the flash.

Also if you have at least 2 Terrorists it is always good to be stationed to the side or in the back with cross hairs trained where an expectant CT head is more then likely to be then once flashed to start firing in hopes to survive till you an see again.

Have won and lost on both sides....Communication was the key in both areas. Usualy when my team died it was because nobody was sure where their team mate was taken out...SO not sure where the enemy was...

All said and done I like this map more then the original. Perfect? No. But playable on both sides with good communication and planning.

Everyone is Shady...Just depends on how much...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                              The snow has gone, which is bad (no more snowman).
                              The snowman causes problems.... like when zombie always chat spams "Let me kill the snowman"

So I go kill it for her

Vote for extended Nay for normal office
                              :: Signature removed by administration - File no longer exists at putfile.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X