de_inferno_bis_v1? this map burns the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_inferno_bis_v1? this map burns the server

The new inferno is lousy. 1 second after the game starts the CT's are already basically shooting into the T spawn, the map has no depth and is way to small between spawn points. I vote we replace it with the old inferno.

All I ask for is communication

Re: de_inferno_bis_v1? this map burns the server

I've edited your post to include the full map name.

Would anyone starting a thread in this forum please ensure they use the FULL map name. As with inferno, a number of maps have multiple versions, and we sometimes have more than one version on the server.

Clarity ftw

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I agree with Ben. This map is a real challenge for T's; a lot of approach options with all but one giving the enemy a clear advantage. That and CT's can basically get T's in their spawn on the word go. The old inferno is preferable.
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
        The old inferno is preferable.
        The big issue for many with valves version, was lag.

Inferno_tt got complaints about the lack of..... well anything on the map.

Anyone got another version of inferno we can try? Post a download link in the new map suggestions thread :)

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Ya know the valve version of inferno just had a bug in it, that could be fixed now. Has anyone played it on the server?

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Root
            The big issue for many with valves version, was lag.

Inferno_tt got complaints about the lack of..... well anything on the map.

Anyone got another version of inferno we can try? Post a download link in the new map suggestions thread :)

Root
            We don't need to have an inferno map on the server... replace it with Vulcan's junglerescue map, or a different one. :)

Inferno ftl.

I do like the new one, though, but I haven't played it from T's side. From the CT perspective, Ts have a -lot- of options...

Comment

I thought valve's inferno was amazing. What was the bug? How many people were having troubles? Were the troubles caused by configuration problems or slow machines?

Comment

The uncanny pauses in the map were probably caused by bad entities for one reason or another, that was the major issue. The map itself is not FPS heavy for the most part.

Will have to test it out.

Jungle is on i think, either way the final will come out when they fix the compiling of the SDK, about the same time as VIP.

- -

Comment

I hated this map when I played it, and I can't see why TT would get any crap at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                    Jungle is on i think
                    Indeed it is, and a download link is available in the SOP forum, in the available maps thread
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X