de_spirits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_spirits

I've just had a run through on this map, and it looks pretty cool.

There seems to be a bug - there's a ladder which appears to go up to the roof, but you can't climb it.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: de_spirits

I don't think you're supposed to be able to get to the roof- it might have been a planned idea, but from the looks of it, Source would explode it Xj2 tried adding anything more to it. We just had a runthrough with about 5-6 people depended on the time- I love this map to death. If you go outside, Nightvision is actually useful. I think this is the only map ON TG where it is. I love how many entry points there are, this is a huge advantage for the t's, I know, but I have a feeling its going to make the map last a lot longer without going stale. I think this map might supplant aaa for me as the uuber de_map.

I give this map a pwn out of five.

PS, I have a new favorite hiding place in bombsite A, expect to get wtf'd from it quite a bit ^^

Comment

I don't think you're supposed to be able to get to the roof- it might have been a planned idea, but from the looks of it, Source would explode it Xj2 tried adding anything more to it.
      Bingo :D

I did toy with the idea very early on but the visibility a player would have from up the towers would easily give you a framerate in the single figures, plus I had to seal the church off with areaportals which are.... never mind, it was just a no-no ;) The ladders were put there to make it look like there was a plausible way to get into the towers for realisms sake, but judging by the number of people who are getting confused by it, it was a bad design decision on my part, sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Xj2

I did toy with the idea very early on but the visibility a player would have from up the towers would easily give you a framerate in the single figures, plus I had to seal the church off with areaportals which are.... never mind, it was just a no-no ;) The ladders were put there to make it look like there was a plausible way to get into the towers for realisms sake, but judging by the number of people who are getting confused by it, it was a bad design decision on my part, sorry!

Hehe, no problem. Would an indoor balcony be too much to ask for a later version, or would source still splode? You know, going around the outside of the pillars? Sorta like the Mansion in GunZ if you've ever played that.

Comment

We played this again last night to a crowd that seemed to really enjoy it. Any chance of getting this puppy on the regular rotation?

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother
            We played this again last night to a crowd that seemed to really enjoy it. Any chance of getting this puppy on the regular rotation?

Indeed I was there .. Great map man...:row__577: love the layout and the sheer range of the firing lines and even the "choke points" are huge lol

Great map

+rep for you :D
            Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Xj2

At least throw some bells up there for musical sport ;)
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

By the way, I see this map already is in the rotation. Umm, my bad?

Comment

shhh whistler i snuck it in there..

So is it worthy? I've taken it out till it's approved.
                  Last edited by Vulcan; 02-06-2006, 11:17 AM.

- -

Comment

yea, it's a kick ass map

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                      So is it worthy? I've taken it out till it's approved.
                      Yeah. It's big, and has lots of routes, so its difficult for both teams. A slow approach is favored, although I have see a B rush work with the right teamwork. Defintitely a PCS map.

Comment

I like the map...very big...I think it was Josh said that it was one of the only maps where the scout works really well inside of a building...LOL!!

Once everyone gets used to it I think it would be great to play more often...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I love this map too.

We need more maps where there are more than 2 or 3 set routes. For example, italy: middle stairs, long hallway, apartments

Thats what makes maps like this and kismayo ideal for TG

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X