de_3rdstreet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_3rdstreet

Id like to request the removal of this map, it seems heavily T based, as the terrorists can get to A before CTs have a chance to get prepared. B can easily be covered by terrorists if someone gets up in one of the two buildings above B, while CTs wouldn't be looking there because they're trying to keep a eye out for any terrorists around.

Agree/Disagree?

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
    [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
    [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Re: de_3rdstreet

Although I believe that it is biased towards T's...I think it is a great map for planning...When Im usually a T I will take over as leader and plan, instead of always rushing the playground. I dont think that it should be removed for the simple fact that it is a REALLY fun map when there are the right ppl playing it.:)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

This is another one of those maps. When both teams use extensive planning, it's all gravy, but it's very easy to become playground deathmatch because a T rush can get to the playground bombsite at the exact same time as the CT's can from the nearest spawn point to it. So, on CSS1, this map usually ends up in a DM at the playground round after round after round....
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I actually like this map because there are so many routes to get into either bomb site, 3 each. There is no songle one choke points on this map, which also make it a difficlt map to defend. But this is what make it great. If yo get people that insist on rushing the playground, just simply use a flash, there is not a whole lot of places to hide there.
        Plus, you cannot even measure the fun factor of this map when somebody gets crushed by the train!!
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Heh, very big goof on my part, the map im actually talking about is de_view, apperently when the server says nextmap de_3rdstreet it means de_view and im not real keen on learning the map names of maps I hate, sorry for the confusion :(

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
          [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
          [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

Really dislike this map.
            Dirt013

Comment

I have always loved this map... The only thing I would change is stretch back T spawn about 100 yards.... make it take longer to get to playground and play on the carousel :row__642: wEEEEE:row__642:
              Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
                I have always loved this map... The only thing I would change is stretch back T spawn about 100 yards.... make it take longer to get to playground and play on the carousel :row__642: wEEEEE:row__642:
                Beatiful, the handicap faces...love it.

Back to the point. I am not a big fan of this map. I agree with the playground dm, and think it would greatly help if the t spawn was distanced from the playground. Or drop it...

Comment

Garrrr. I love this map. And personally, about 60% of the time when I play and the Ts to a play-yard rush, they end up getting slaughtered.

The best combo I have found (for CTs)...
                  4/6 of force @ B.
                  1/6 of force @ A.
                  1/6 of force @ Top A.

There are plenty of routes to each of the bombsites, with numerous distractions just waiting to be used. If the CTs play their game right, they can boasting a near-monopoly upon the map (I've seen it done on multiple ocassions). Of course, the reverse is possible too :) Depends entirely upon teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                    t's very easy to become playground deathmatch because a T rush can get to the playground bombsite at the exact same time as the CT's can from the nearest spawn point to it.
                    That's enough to seal it's fate. To be suitable for PCS play, the CT's must be able to get to the bomb sites faster than the T's.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                      That's enough to seal it's fate. To be suitable for PCS play, the CT's must be able to get to the bomb sites faster than the T's.
                      I think it's possible. You just have to take the right turns, and be quick. :) And that B site is relatively easy to take over... flash/'nade over the fence, storm in from both sides, snipe the site from the buildings... bingo. I've found A to be much more secure, once taken. :)

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                        I think it's possible. You just have to take the right turns, and be quick. :) And that B site is relatively easy to take over... flash/'nade over the fence, storm in from both sides, snipe the site from the buildings... bingo. I've found A to be much more secure, once taken. :)
                        agreed...

Originally posted by Spyder
                        T rush can get to the playground bombsite at the exact same time as the CT's can from the nearest spawn point to it.
                        Not if everyone thats goin to B , actually is ready to go when the man says "Ok Lets move out" Ive beaten Ts to B many times... from that point have a flash out and pulled and let it loose into the couch room.. poof... no more T rush :D
                        Dizlor

Comment

Myself, I keep flipflopping on whether I like this map or not. I think that the map was designed to be played with fewer people, maybe 6 or so, because with that few people, you don't get into large firefights and DM situations. I've played it when it was 2v2 and that was fun, but when I played it with like 6v6, that was less fun.

Comment

Just jump out of the windows at CT spawn and there's no way the T's can beat you to the playground.

Comment

This map is no good for too many reasons, buuut, it still fun to play

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X