cs_haste

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_haste

A small cityscape map with the hostages placed inside one of the buildings. A lot of streets and alleys, windows, et cetera. Personally, I rather like this map and saw a lot of favorable opinions of the map. This is one I would like to see in the rotation at some point.

Re: cs_haste

It is a good map with several routes to get to the building. You definitely have to have some serious planning to execute moves through some of the choke points. Another thing on this map that helps tremendously is the use of smoke grenades to cross over certain points.

The T’s have a pretty hard job of covering all the available points on the map. They can either spread out and suffer the consequences or put up a solid defense around the Hosties.

My only real complaint about the map is that the hosties are real close together and even on the same floor of the building.

Otherwise it is a smooth playing custom map.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Vulcan and I playtested this map when I first added it, and we both approved of it. Whilst there could be an issue with the hostage placement, it will be interesting to see if tactically, CT's are better off rescuing one pair at a time.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

it's not a half-bad map, and yes it is a bit of a pain with the hostagesd being close together, and to make things worse, most of that area is surrounded by windows, making it more difficult to cover the hostages, and to really make things even more of a pain, one flashbang will screw you, guaranteed

other than that, i still think the map's pretty good, it does offer room for more planning, and does cause the Ts to be a little more careful when protecting the hostages

Comment

Love this map.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
          [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
          [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

Haste is a remake of a pre-source map we used to play on here quite regularily IIRC.

I like it, I think it can be difficult for CT's or T's it just depends on how it is played.
            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
            Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X