cs_747_css

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_747_css

Anyone think this map could be added to the server again? Not necissarily the rotation but atleast have it as an option when an admin asks if anyone wants to request the next map

Re: cs_747_css

Welcome to the forums.

First, I've renamed the thread to the full map name, as requested in the sticky. Sticky threads are required reading, which means you MUST read them.

Second, the map IS on the server, so your request is moot.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I guess this clarification brings up the issue that the T-Admin's cannot change or initiate a map vote on maps not in the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Apex
        I guess this clarification brings up the issue that the T-Admin's cannot change or initiate a map vote on maps not in the rotation.
        T-Admins can change to maps not in rotation, but cannot initiate a mapvote including a non-rotation map. The reason I haven't changed to 747 is because there is never really a general consensus for this map, and without a vote it's hard to do a fair switch to a map.

But on another note...what is everyone's opinion on this map? I like it, but it seems like it would be tough with a large group of people, due to the rather close-quarters hallways and such. It offers a lot of PCS play for the smaller crowds though.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
          T-Admins can change to maps not in rotation, but cannot initiate a mapvote including a non-rotation map. The reason I haven't changed to 747 is because there is never really a general consensus for this map, and without a vote it's hard to do a fair switch to a map.

But on another note...what is everyone's opinion on this map? I like it, but it seems like it would be tough with a large group of people, due to the rather close-quarters hallways and such. It offers a lot of PCS play for the smaller crowds though.
          I like it. I think it's balanced in favor of T's though. Also, grenades aren't very effective because the seats block them (both flash and HE's). Smoke is hard to use due to the extreme close quarters.

Comment

I think it is a hard map for CTs, but even with non-stacked teams I have seen CTs win at least half the time it is played, and I think the only reason people say that is it sometimes ends up being militia style with the Ts with the last 2 sets of hostages. Unlike militia, the map's "final" room (in the back of the plane) has four entry points, coordination using these four entry points is an almost surefire way to take the last hostages The map has some of the best CQC tactics I have ever seen, because the CTs need to be careful of Ts lurking in the plane. People have been posting about how rushing is not a good plan latley (no matter what side your on) and I have never seen (nor do I think it's smart to) rush on this map. It's the one map where all out coordination is present, very much a PCS map.

In response to poe's comment of it not being good with a lot of people, I have played it in 8 v 8 and it is still fine.

PS- Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong, jk.
            The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
            #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
            83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

The map can be fun, but there are a couple things I am not a fan of. The first being the doors. It's so hard to effectively use grenades to create an advantage because of how those sliding doors work. You open the door, and you're full of holes before you finish the throwing motion if there is actually a T in the room you're trying to flash. And it can be a very boring map to play as T, as you usually end up sitting in a similar spot over and over again. Especially when you have large teams and the # of effective positions is limited.
              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                The map can be fun, but there are a couple things I am not a fan of. The first being the doors. You open the door, and you're full of holes before you finish the throwing motion if there is actually a T in the room you're trying to flash.
                That's probably because the gun you have will stick through the door and anyone on the other side will know you're there before the door even starts opening. That's one of my annoyances with the map since I'll usually have to open doors with my side to them.

Comment

Not even that. but in most of those rooms, you have 2 entrance points to be watching, so T's are sitting looking right at the door as it opens. That and the seats make really effective cover for T's
                  a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                  Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                  Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                  Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I remember it being a really fun map

Comment

The problem with the map is really just that there are no snakes on the plane...
                      Had to.

-Zephyr
                      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                      We are not a single game.
                      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                        Poe. I'm not disputing what you say, but can you verify that you're correct? You *should* be able to execute (for example)

@votemap cs_747_css
                        If it transpires that you're correct, I'll get the mapvote file updated.
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Ill tell ya one positive change Ive noticed from the origional 747... I remember being able to see people's names thru the curtains and hs them before they even got to it :P
                          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                            Poe. I'm not disputing what you say, but can you verify that you're correct? You *should* be able to execute (for example)

If it transpires that you're correct, I'll get the mapvote file updated.
                            @votemap actually isn't a valid command :P But using the menu, it won't even let me select non-rotation maps for vote...only to change.

Comment

Thanks for the update, Poe. I'll get the map files updated.
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X