cs_estate_source

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_estate_source

Cool map, but if CTs act fast they can easily secure the first hostage and get inside the building. Too compact for large amounts of players. And, CT spawn can be easily shot into from the building if the CTs are too slow.

Re: cs_estate_source

I thought this map was terrible.

Way too small. For example, T's spawn upstairs, I ran straight to the stairs and as soon as i get there I see Poe already at the top. Poened. Also The shadows are really bad on this map. Overall the main problem is its too small.

Comment

in addition to being a small map, there are too many entrance points from the front for the T's to cover unless there are a large number of them. And if there are a large number of people then it is already to crazy and cramped to form a decent plan....

Comment

This map plain sucked. I'm taking it off today.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

In real life the Ts wouldn't know the CTs were coming until the front door gets bashed in, this map creates an artificle element of suprise which I like. In addition the map is great for practicing room clearing tactics, I think it should at least stay on the server.
          The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
          #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
          83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Originally posted by IRS_Agent
            In real life the Ts wouldn't know the CTs were coming until the front door gets bashed in, this map creates an artificle element of suprise which I like. In addition the map is great for practicing room clearing tactics, I think it should at least stay on the server.

Good point....
            Dizlor

Comment

Removed.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I remember at least an earlier version that had tons of potential. NV was usful, as was roomclearing and flashlights. The problem was that there are too many points of potential threat (AKA a T has to make sure half a dozen windows aren't being watched before he moves across the room, and a CT not only had to advance through a dark area with many frontways, but he has to keep checking behing him.

If this map was expanded, and some windows made solid, and other stuff, like covering CT spawn more, then it could really be outstanding.

Comment

This map is a good map. It could use some adjustments though. There needs to be more space between the house and the CT spawn. It's too easy for CT's to just rush the T's with the current layout.

Terrorists definitely shouldn't be able to see into CT spawn.

Aside from these flaws, I think it's a good map. If it were slightly different, I think it could be a great PCS map.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                    I remember at least an earlier version that had tons of potential. NV was usful, as was roomclearing and flashlights. The problem was that there are too many points of potential threat (AKA a T has to make sure half a dozen windows aren't being watched before he moves across the room, and a CT not only had to advance through a dark area with many frontways, but he has to keep checking behing him.

If this map was expanded, and some windows made solid, and other stuff, like covering CT spawn more, then it could really be outstanding.
                    Kark, I know the version you're talking about. I seem to recall we had much fun shooting at each other. I'll see if it's still kicking around my hard drive (I'm sad and tend to keep an archive of all the old maps we remove). If I have it, I'll try and upload it in the next week.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                      Kark, I know the version you're talking about. I seem to recall we had much fun shooting at each other. I'll see if it's still kicking around my hard drive (I'm sad and tend to keep an archive of all the old maps we remove). If I have it, I'll try and upload it in the next week.
                      Every old map you have I'd recommend putting back on. Potential is in the eye of the beholder, and all those old maps I'm sure have some use to them (although I've probably played them before, too.) More maps never hurt either, especially if they were on the server for one reason or another.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother
                        Every old map you have I'd recommend putting back on. Potential is in the eye of the beholder, and all those old maps I'm sure have some use to them (although I've probably played them before, too.) More maps never hurt either, especially if they were on the server for one reason or another.
                        Plus, they can be removed if deemed un-PCS. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X